Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Wolves 0

magic legs

• Site Supporter

This is a must not lose or draw game. If we fail to get 3 points then I think we will go down because if we can't beat this lot at home, who can we beat?

you should know that the 2 do not go hand in hand.

Someone asking about Rome on the other forum. Well when I was last in Rome it was 2002 (?) and we lost 3-1 at home to Derby. Gudni got injured too. At the time it felt like we were down.

Similarly the Arsenal game when we were 2 up at half time agaisnt 10 men. THought we were down then too.

We need to win tomorrow sure, but if we only draw, we aren't down by any means.

• Site Supporter

Someone asking about Rome on the other forum. Well when I was last in Rome it was 2002 (?) and we lost 3-1 at home to Derby. Gudni got injured too. At the time it felt like we were down.

Similarly the Arsenal game when we were 2 up at half time agaisnt 10 men. THought we were down then too.

We need to win tomorrow sure, but if we only draw, we aren't down by any means.

It's a good point you make there. When you are faced with current adversity it always seems worse than that faced previously. If the worst happens and we lose to Wolves, yes its disastrous, yes we will wonder how things can change for the better and we will feel as if all is lost, but those 2 occasions you highlight above were potentially of more dire consequence and were, if memory serves me right, further on in the season with less time to turn it around

Wilshere and Weiss are not without talent but winning with kids is fairly rare.

The next few games are vital and we need to start with experienced pros even if some have there limitations.

Ricardo Gardner has , for years when fit, been one of our better players from left back and that is where he is desparately needed.

Gareth Bale wreaked havoc with our defence twice over the two games with Spurs but who can say that he is, overall, a better player in that position than Bibi?

For heavens sake Owen give us a chance and let's see Bibi back where he belongs.

As long as at the end of the match, when they read the results on the bbc world service. I don't hear Bolton nil, then I will be both happy and in a state of high anxiety/anticipation.

Prediction Bolton 1 Wolves 0. It'll be a penalty.

Does that mean we have to play Taylor then ?

Or can we just bring him on for the penalty ?

:innocent:

Going with (wanker) Lawro's 2-0. Had 2-0 in mi ed all day yesterday. He's just confirmed it. :drinks:

Happy days are here again. (maybe) Beer tinged thoughts. Roll on 12, these paracetamol aren't workin. :wacko:

Heard comments from mick mccarthy today basically saying hes happy to come for a point. Thats just what i want to hear. Im far more concerned when teams decide to attack our dodgy defence. 1v0, davies early 2nd half

• Site Supporter

Heard comments from mick mccarthy today basically saying hes happy to come for a point. Thats just what i want to hear. Im far more concerned when teams decide to attack our dodgy defence. 1v0, davies early 2nd half

aye, from such comments they are obvsiouly gonna just sit deep and defend.

i can see our fans getting extremely frustrated when we cant break em down.

moaning when we try and pass it through them patiently and moaning when we decide to pump it long aswell.

please just let the players play and encourage them to do so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.