Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Most Important Goals/goal In Our History

Didledee

As the title says.

For me in my time that I can remember.

Okocha v West Ham - THAT goal

Fransden and Okocha v Boro - If it wasn't for these two, Ricketts could have sent us down.

McCann v Boro - We would have gone down if we lost this, was the catalyst for our unthinkable survival.

Bergsson and Fransden v West Brom: playoff 1st leg - 2-0 down, got it back to 2-2, with confidence and momentum won 3-0 2nd leg.

Diouf v Portsmouth - got us in to Europe 1st time.

Speed and K.Davies v Villa - after being 4th at Christmas with 5 wins in a row, it went down to the last day v Villa and these two goals got us UEFA cup[just]

Pollock v Tranmere - got us the 100 goals record, Tranmere ruined us getting the 100 double.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Owen Coyle getting us back into the game at wembley against Reading POF1995 - 75mins gone and 2-0 down, if we had not have gone up that day I think we would have lost alot of that good team as well as Rioch. We may not have gone up for a while if it wasnt for that goal. Reading lost the final and nearly went down the following season.

Ricketts away at West Ham - Drew 1-1, stopped us being bottom at christmas. More mentally important...

Ricketts v Preston, play off final.. His goal killed the game off, meant the celebrations could begin..

Okocha v West Ham... Cracking goal..

Mccann v Boro, massive win...

Has to be Robbie Savage, Wrexham away in the 4th division. Cracking day out as well. Stopped the slide into oblivion & we've never looked back after that!

[/quote

good.gif gets my vote

or owen coyle v sunderland against sunderland in anglo italian, go us into european competition for the 1st time

Has to be Robbie Savage, Wrexham away in the 4th division. Cracking day out as well. Stopped the slide into oblivion & we've never looked back after that!

:good: - I have to agree, if we hadn't come up at the first time of asking, I dread to think how long we would have been down there for

John McGinlay penalty v Preston :good:

BANG ON - This was the start of it all, the goal that lifted us to promotion to the first division or what ever it was then.

The whole ground exploded when it went in, you could see the immense satisfaction on Super Johns face as well as the anguish on Simon Farnworths face, beleive me he wanted desperatly to save that penalty.

• Moderators

i think the season allardyce got us up was make or break

for that reason, the goals at west brom in the play off and the ones at cardiff rank very highly

chuck in bobic, okocha, frandsen, mccann and diouf and thats most of it covered

theres more than the obvious ones that have made all the difference...

segraves header away at mansfield to get a point infront of a packed bolton end to then go on to win promotion..

and what about phil brown at bournmouth and darby v stoke?

alos diouf v west brom to stop the rot,think it was 86 mins...if we had lost that,it would of been 6 straight defeats.

also coyle v gretna green to ensure a the forthcomming cup run!

there also has to be a shout for goals conceeded...the most important of recent times has to hull citys eqauliser to get megson the sack.

where would we be now if gareth farrely hadnt of popped that one in against coventry for the toffies?

alos diouf v west brom to stop the rot,think it was 86 mins...if we had lost that,it would of been 6 straight defeats.

Then went on a seven match winning streak, until we played Newcastle. Very important goal. Things were not looking good until Dioufy got us that.

I'd say dioufy against west brom was an important goal .. after loosing eight games over november and december that point got us back on track for europe .. Also Nolans winner against birmingham the following game .. his reaction said it all

theres more than the obvious ones that have made all the difference...

segraves header away at mansfield to get a point infront of a packed bolton end to then go on to win promotion..

and what about phil brown at bournmouth and darby v stoke?

also coyle v gretna green to ensure a the forthcomming cup run!

there also has to be a shout for goals conceeded...the most important of recent times has to hull citys eqauliser to get megson the sack.

where would we be now if gareth farrely hadnt of popped that one in against coventry for the toffies?

That reminds me ...... I was going to do a 'where are they now' for him.

I was at Bamber Bridge on Tuesday neet (same league as Chorley), and I thought : 'Yon midfielder looks a bit chubby, but got some good skills'. Got a closer look a bit later. It was GF - now playing for Warrington Town.

:shok:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.