Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Sunderland

• Site Supporter

Hopefully Coyle will have the balls to drop Kevin Davies as he is bringing absolutely nothing to the team. Would be great to see Sturridge and Elmander up front for a change.

other than

Kevin Davies has created more chances from open play (85) than any other player

in the league

That'd be based on the same opta stat that claimed Lampard was the most creative player in the league last season because he created 109 "goal scoring opportunities". The trouble is that it doesn't give a good definition of what is meant by the phrase "goal scoring opportunity". I'm told (I don't know how reliable this is) that it counts it as a goal scoring opportunity any time you touch the ball on to a player in the box; if that's right it doesn't mean much.

Davies was very good at the start of the season but has been poor in the second half. I'd agree with dropping him, but the other option is Elmander who has also dropped in form since Christmas. Fires and frying pans spring to mind; along with rocks and hard places.

• Members

I wanted to find that stat but was unable.

I've seen that stat.

I'd be interested to see how a "chance" is defined. For example, would placing a 2 yard square pass to a team mate who wellies it wide from 30 yards be classed as creating a chance? Would putting in a perfect cross that a striker makes no contact with be counted?

We win at home, we play well at home. Knight to get revenge for that 'miracle' save that denied him a certain goal @ the stadium of light earlier in the season.

Bolton 4-1 Sunderland Knight, Sturridge x3

Edited by Didledee

Anybody know if Sturridge is back? Without him don't see where our goals will come from other than set pieces :blink:

Ominous silence ....... apart from OC saying 'maybe' t'other day.

Will be a nice surprise if he plays then.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.