Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Sunderland

Not wanting to sound like a desperate big soft fanny but shouldnt of CYL got a free kick on the corner of their penalty box before the goal :blink:

Too far way from me.

No foul by Elmo just before their 2nd goal tho, even if they got a free-kick from the inaptly named 'Friend'.

On another day, we'd have had 2-3 goals from that game.

Still, let's not try to hide the desperate 1st half performance & a marginally less desperate 2nd half.

Poor.

Edited by Rembrandt

Guest Frandsen08

think you watched a different game to me taylor along with gardner were our 2 best players.

A pint of what this man is drinking landlord

Taylor worked hard - he just doesn't deliver any more.

Too many players in a similar state - either they're reaching the end of their Prem shelf-life, or they're younger but will never make it in the Prem in a 4-4-2.

Good season. Semi-final and 7th/8th nearly all the way (till now). But I'm sure OC knows he has to radically re-build for next season. But that's a different thread.

Guest Blixa

The players are on holiday. That's the fault of the management, either because:

1. They should be getting players up for these matches. We had an outside chance of Europe and a chance to bank cash to (possibly) strengthen the squad. Question marks there.

2. A lack of squad depth. I know there was little money around, but we do lack depth in key positions, making some players undroppable. Should have done a bit more in January.

It could be a blessing. It shows that some of our squad need to go in close season, either by not having contracts renewed or by slapping them on the list. We seem to have a few youngsters coming through, which has got to be good. Hopefully we'll have a few quid or the nouse to get some decent free transfers in. When fit and motivated, we have a good team. Some decent back-up and we'll be well placed next year.

Taylor looked like the only player who gave a fuck today.

Taylor did ok which is better than most. Compare him to Chung yong Lee who wasnt ineterested today at all, if Liverpool bid ?10 million i will drop him off myself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.