Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

80Mph

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is money.

Women are time and money.

Since time equals money, women are money squared.

Since money is the root of all evil, women equal the square root of evil squared.

The square root and the second power cancel, thus women are evil.

• Site Supporter

Surely on a motorway it's 70mph unless stated otherwise. If there are variable limits - ie on the M25 at certain times - then when/where it reverts back to 70mph then the national speed limit sign would be displayed, not a sign saying 70mph.

Just think about the signs at the end of roadworks where a lower limit has been enforced, it's always the white circle with a diagonla black line.

http://www.abd.org.uk/speed_limit_signs.htm#motorways

The most significant difference in the legislation relating to motorways is that the provision of a system of street lighting does not automatically result in a 30mph speed limit being applied, as it would do on ordinary roads. There is no requirement, therefore, to install 'derestriction' repeater signs (diagram 671) along lengths of motorway with street lamps, as there is on ordinary roads where the national speed limit applies. Indeed, paragraph (4)(B) of direction 11 of TSRGD specifically prohibits the use of this sign on motorways.

On motorways where the normal speed limit of 70mph applies, therefore, the only speed limit signs required are those to diagram 670, showing the figure "70", at the point where a motorway starts and at the start of every entry slip road.

it is confusing, as you correctly say, you see them at the end of works, and according to TSRGD, they are prohibited and 70 signs are required at the start of every motorway, and you don't see them in too many places either.

• Moderators

http://www.abd.org.uk/speed_limit_signs.htm#motorways

it is confusing, as you correctly say, you see them at the end of works, and according to TSRGD, they are prohibited and 70 signs are required at the start of every motorway, and you don't see them in too many places either.

i'll bet you sit on the bog reading 'the blue book'

or is it red, these days

unofficialy the limit has been 80 for years anyway, the cops wont pull you and the cameras wont go off until you do above 79 mph

I wonder if that will move up, so that the police "let you get away" with doing c90mph?

I always wonder why on a stretch of road like the M6 Toll Road, there hasn't been a pilot scheme allowing folk to do up to 100mph

Anyway, I'm all for raising the speed limit on motorways, and dropping the speed limit to 20mph in built up areas (which seems to be slowly creeping in around where I live)

• Members

I wonder if that will move up, so that the police "let you get away" with doing c90mph?

I'd imagine they would.

The "getting away with it" bit is all due to our speedos not being accurate. We may think we're doing 90mph, but in actual fact we're only doing just over 80mph. Similarly, it could be the other way round.

We may think we're doing 90mph, but in actual fact we're only doing just over 80mph. Similarly, it could be the other way round.

I notice that with my SatNav, the car says I'm doing 80mph and SatNav will say I'm only doing 77/78mph

Not sure if its still the case but they used to allow 2 MPH plus 10% for speedo errors before they would do you so

35, 46, 57, 68, 79 etc etc

Correct, just opened up a speeding ticket on my return home this afternoon. On the back it says they only prosecute at 10% above plus 3mph. So you will get away with 35mph in a 30, I was doing 36 in a 30! Bastards

edit - mine was also in preston coming down London road over the bridge out of preston. Down hill and a duel carridgway just 200 yards from a 50mph zone!

Edited by birch-chorley

Correct, just opened up a speeding ticket on my return home this afternoon. On the back it says they only prosecute at 10% above plus 3mph. So you will get away with 35mph in a 30, I was doing 36 in a 30! Bastards

edit - mine was also in preston coming down London road over the bridge out of preston. Down hill and a duel carridgway just 200 yards from a 50mph zone!

There are some sad fuckers who get a buzz out of nabbing you for that exact same scenario.

They must lie in bed at night and think 'its ace being a cunt', unaware that his wife is getting it large somewhere.

Just sent it now mate, good luck

You my man are a legend!

just had a quick look and it says a few times that if the notice was not served within 14 days then its a non starter. The Camera caught me on 2/9/2011 and the notice was stamped 29/9. Fucking brilliant.

Before i ring them up and tell them to stick it up there arse are you 100% about this information?

edit - fuck me the guys who have put this together treat speeding like a full time job!

"Stay alert!!! Speeding requires concentration if you dont want to get caught"

Edited by birch-chorley

You my man are a legend!

just had a quick look and it says a few times that if the notice was not served within 14 days then its a non starter. The Camera caught me on 2/9/2011 and the notice was stamped 29/9. Fucking brilliant.

Before i ring them up and tell them to stick it up there arse are you 100% about this information?

its worked for me a few times, the ebook is a few years old so some info may have been changed, give it a go you have nothing to lose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.