Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Cahill

Gloria Stitz

Will Chelsea look at his last several performances and re-think their decision to cough up ?5m+ to sign him? I personally would. His lacklustre displays of late were even a talking point on Gillette Soccer Saturday yesterday.

I've always thought that how well he performs depends entirely on how crucial he feels it is to impress potential buyers at that particular time. You might argue that if that were the case, he'd step up to the plate now, with January being round the corner, but I don't think he's that desperate to go this January. He can stick around and have his choice of most top clubs in Europe in the summer.

Thanks for reading,

Gloria.

Edited by Gloria Stitz

One man doesn't make a team. Cahill is still a quality player. He hasn't been playing well of late but he's got Paul Robinson on one side of him and Zat Knight on the other so he has no one to clean up his errors.

Just because we are in the relegation zone doesn't mean he wouldn't or shouldn't be at chelsea, he is good enough.

Look at Scott Parker. Got Football Writers player of year last season and still got relegated. Arguably one of the best midfielders in prem this season.

Those tossers on saturday should look at the bigger picture.

• Site Supporter

One man doesn't make a team. Cahill is still a quality player. He hasn't been playing well of late but he's got Paul Robinson on one side of him and Zat Knight on the other so he has no one to clean up his errors.

Just because we are in the relegation zone doesn't mean he wouldn't or shouldn't be at chelsea, he is good enough.

Look at Scott Parker. Got Football Writers player of year last season and still got relegated. Arguably one of the best midfielders in prem this season.

Those tossers on saturday should look at the bigger picture.

says a lot more about the football writers judgement that his ability in a shit team.

i hope we are winning with 1 minute of injury time left, and he gets taken off to tremendous applause from the remaining home crowd.

he has been a very good player for us, and is one of our highest capped players in the last 60 years.

agree, but....

wouldn't it be nice if he just signed a contract?

• Site Supporter

Credit to cahil his big move in the summer fell through and hes never moaned about it in the media, he has struggled of late and looks a bit stale, but good luck to the lad hope for everyones sake he gets his dream move.

Maybe he was taught the difference between the moves of McAteer and Stubbs.

Seems bizarre to me to sell for less money in January (i assume) than offered in August despite lying 19th in the table 4 points from safety and in serious trouble. looks to me like its taking the cash pre relegation unless coyle thinks is only chance of staying up is taking the cash and investing it in different positions to better the team (again id of done that in august though, wouldnt look as bad to the plans - kind of looks like waving a white flag at the moment selling ur better players when 19th, not as bad doing it in a summer)

Should of sold to spurs in august and got 3 of their squad players in return