Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Cardiff 1

miamiwhite

SKD played in a system for Alladyce. suited to long balls and flick ons with class around him. makes me piss when people hold him in higher regard than Gudjhonson and Anelka. In fact john mcginley and andy walker for that matter. Good lad, worked hard, but legend. Fuck off. The lad needs to go. We need to move on, hes shite. is he a legend at Blackburn or Southhampton? No, hes a fuckin lucky lad. Let it go.

Surely legend is based on fans opinions and most on here hold Skd in the highest regard based on everything he has done for the club.

Clearly he is not going to reach those heights on a regular basis again but to dismiss as shite is just ignorant.

He has been a major contributor to the most successful period in our recent history.

Not sure why folk are slating the 1st half we set up to be more solid clearly at the expense of being gung ho and barring one piece of poor defending and goalkeeping it was good - second half we put on 2 very good players for this level and it made the difference and we actually looked like a tream with half an idea throughout which is massively refreshing.

Team selection seemed odd to us that have watched them all season Dougie picked his team based on this weeks training that's his prerogative I actually thought Pratley did ok Andrews I don't rate personally and would put spearing in for him

There's a clear difference between being guns ho and keeping the ball

Folk are getting extreme again

It was poor; you give the ball away (less than 50% possession first half) time and time again and you are likely to concede....set up solidly or not

in reality not entirely unexpected

And it cost is nothing

Really strange selection tonight, amazed at the omission of Petrov and Spearing.

Both teams cancelled each other out first half, although we dominated midfield possession (which is ultimately irrelevant).

Ngog showed tonight that he can really offer us something.

I'm glad Mears was dropped, he can fuck off for me.

Great fireworks on the way in, but better fireworks in the second half.

My thoughts exactly... I am gutted Ngog will miss Leicester but hopefully we will start with Petrov and allow Eagles a central role!

Watched the match in the middle of Leicester squ in dome sports bar with all sorts. 20 screens in city 2 on bolton!! Funny as fuck with a few of us going up when we scored!!!

Pissed as fuck now in some live gig in Camden....shots going down... God knows now I'm going to get back to reading!?!?

Thorpey, you missed out!!

You're right I did and my head feels good this morning, well sort of.

It's rare that something comes in front of a sesh but yesterday was one of those days I'm afraid.

Hope you were a good lad for a change ???!!!

I thought it was encouraging and was surprised to see that they had more posession than us in the first half. We played some decent passing about stuff with people actually wanting the ball, and although most of it came to nothing it showed a bit of confidence I've not seen for ages.

N'Gog put a bit of work in trying to impress the new boss and I'm disappointed for him to miss Tuesdays match.

All in all it was ok, roll on Tuesday for more of the same.

Only another defensive mistake stopped it being the long awaited clean sheet.

Fuck off you southern fuckwit. How dare I have a go at the great man. Emma Davies rent boys. Im just sayin thanks for the the graft but times time! He was never any good. If hes a legend weve watched some shite. Its an insult to the class weve seen.

In what language did you say this. You might want a bigger shovel........

There's a clear difference between being guns ho and keeping the ball

Folk are getting extreme again

It was poor; you give the ball away (less than 50% possession first half) time and time again and you are likely to concede....set up solidly or not

in reality not entirely unexpected

And it cost is nothing

Fair point re the stats on possession I actually thought we kept the ball pretty decent maybe not not then but we "felt" our way in to the game much more for sure we looked a lot more like a professional football team as opposed to happy clappy disciples but still v much a work in progress

Ball retention, particularly first half, was considerably worse than at Wolves and even Boro.

I am perfectly happy with that back 4. I thought Knight was outstanding and won countless headers, a proven victory as Helguson got hooked shortly after half time. Most pleasing was I thought Cardiff had periods of considerable pressure and we witheld it. For example, the five/ten mins of constant corners, balls in early in the second half, the last few years we have consistently conceded during periods like that, so that's a real positive.

Well done Dougie and coaches, gutted I can't make Tuesday now.

I thought Warnock was outstanding yesterday.

He wasn't bad, infact I think he had a good game, but I think he could have stopped noone getting at us with being more tight and not dropping off giving him grass to run into, also he almost cost us a point with his silly challenge that should have been a pen and could have done better with their goal

The only poor players yesterday were Pratley and K.Davies.

Edited by Didledee

SKD played in a system for Alladyce. suited to long balls and flick ons with class around him. makes me piss when people hold him in higher regard than Gudjhonson and Anelka. In fact john mcginley and andy walker for that matter. Good lad, worked hard, but legend. Fuck off. The lad needs to go. We need to move on, hes shite. is he a legend at Blackburn or Southhampton? No, hes a fuckin lucky lad. Let it go.

SKD for many a year used to scare the living daylights out of most Premier League defences; he has never been prolific as a goal scorer but he contributed to our success more than most.

You need your head seeing to if you couldn't see what that guy has done for our club.

Of course he is not the same player, and should not be free from critisism like yesterday where he had a poor game, but as many of said just show some respect

SKD for many a year used to scare the living daylights out of most Premier League defences; he has never been prolific as a goal scorer but he contributed to our success more than most.

You need your head seeing to if you couldn't see what that guy has done for our club.

Of course he is not the same player, and should not be free from critisism like yesterday where he had a poor game, but as many of said just show some respect

would you still give john mcginlay a game?

no, hes a legend but time to move on, same with donkey, been a great servant and I have the utmost respect for him but he's lost it

Warnock played well yesterday. But he didn't get much protection. Plus a number of times the ball bounced clear to the wide right when it could of gone anywhere, making it even more difficult for him.

One of the good things about that defence is that you trust them to win the header if needs be. (I know mills and knight can be criticised for not winning as much as they should) but the ball kept being thrown into the box and being cleared whether it was near post, centre or far post. I'd be looking at Andrews and spearing (when playing) to be a bit more clever and cover when petrov, lee or eagles are miles forward and not helping the right or left back.

would you still give john mcginlay a game?

no, hes a legend but time to move on, same with donkey, been a great servant and I have the utmost respect for him but he's lost it

Respect ? And than call him donkey ?

Skd is not the player he was is what most people are saying, time for something different. But jay jay slagging him off and dismissing his contribution lacks any respect for him. Respect he has earned, been very well paid, but still earned respect.

Good start for DF against the best side I've seen at the Reebok this season.

First half pretty even. An otherwise excellent Knight should have dealt with the cross but a poor header gave Noone a sighter of goal, Bogdan getting some unfair stick for the goal IMO. I was angry that a sizable minority of the fans booed the team off at half time. Clueless twats. Should be at home watching Strictly so they can boo the judges. Patently obvious that we were set up to look solid and deny Cardiff chances which we did extremely well.

Second half, sensible substitutions saw the game turned on its head. A more mobile Ngog in good form transformed our game and gave a bright looking midfield far better options. Mark Davies superb for the winner, the balance he showed to keep the ball in for the cross was world class and a joy to watch right in front of where we were sat. Ream for LCY seemed strange until I realised that Cardiff were going to pump ball after ball into our box for the last 20 minutes so a tiny Spearing would have been ineffective. Horses for courses.

To sum up - lots of positives, massive 3 points, DF seems to know what he's doing and i would have maintained that even if we hadn't got the result because I have a brain.

quote name='enzo gambaro' timestamp='1352029209' post='1093101']

You trying out gangsta, Jules?

Life ain't nothin' but bitches and money...

Iphone gangsta wanker :D

Good point above re: Warnock actually, Eagles didn't do a lot for him yesterday by fucking off to the middle all the time in the first half