Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Attending Other " Derby " Games As A Neutral.

leigh white

• Moderators

Sheffield derby - quite pleasent

Must've been an off day, they have fights about who hates who most! Had to cancel pre season annual steel city derby when a bloke got killed with a paving stone to the head before one game

It the 'East Coast' derby in Scotland, used to be the closest team to Aberdeen that played top flight football in Scotland - Aberdeen fans see Dundee Utd as their main rivals. It's a bit like Newcastle v Boro being the Tyne-Tees derby, they are 40 miles apart but they are still rivals and it is called a derby.

It was dubbed the 'New Firm' in the late 80's when they were coming down & beating both Glasgow Clubs regularly.

Been to one myself & it was hardly a powderkeg atmosphere. Probably was in their heydey though.

Only been to one game in the UK that didnt involve us, Blackburn v Newcastle on a freebee that a mate got us, sat with the Geordies was a laugh.

Lived in Catalunya on and off for 3 years, local team was Gimnastic de Tarragona, usually a mid table 2nd tier team. They made it to the primera liga in 06/07 and saw the games with Barca and Espanyol. Also been to a Barca derby, and el classico. Also seen Nastic play Girona which is also a derby.

It's the 'Flat Cap' derby on Boxing Day, Atherton Colls V Atherton LR, I will be attending that one

Been to that one.

And the Ashton(-in-Makerfield) derby : Town Vs. Athletic. That must be the 'Pie-eaters' derby.

The Harrow Borough Vs Wealdstone derby was always a tasty one when I lived in London.

There's a few around in the non-league scene. I couldn't be bothered with the 'big club' derbies.

Moss Bank v Oxford Grove u8's is always a cracking derby. Got a one-sided interest in that though so can't be classed as a neutral.

I have done a Dirty v Baaaaaarnsley derby but unfortunately was sat with the home fans.

I bloody hate that Marching on Together shit!

Old firm few years ago. Ibrox, only got tickets because cel*ic had already won the league. Still the best atmosphere i've ever been apart of. Gers won 2 nil and Lennon was sent off at the death. Great day. Missed Lil Sams first away game in charge a wet spam = shit Bolton fan!