Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kevin Davies

tomski

Just like his Bolton career, this whole saga has rumbled on for too long.

The whole testimonial farce would have been avoided had Coyle had any balls this time last year.

KD shouldn't have been given another contract.

give that man a ceeeeeeeegar

Guest Blixa

We are subsidising his wages? That's a joke, if he wants to leave early then he should just leave.

Having said that, reading that Daily Mail link, they also thought Sordell scored both goals at the weekend.

Probably true - he's wanted out the door asap.

Lots of slagging of Kevin Davies on here and a ten pager about toss pot fans booing at the Reebok, both are wrong in my eyes.

Some of us are in the middle too. He hasn't been up to it this year and I think he's handled his exit poorly. On the flipside he has given me a hell of a lot of good memories which I can't thank him enough for. As soon as it all blows over, I like to think I'll only remember the good memories.

Some of us are in the middle too. He hasn't been up to it this year and I think he's handled his exit poorly. On the flipside he has given me a hell of a lot of good memories which I can't thank him enough for. As soon as it all blows over, I like to think I'll only remember the good memories.

Agree with that, surely we should as fans take a deep breath and remember what he has done on the pitch and off it and remember that before we assassinate him, he deserves that at least.

Guest Blixa

My feeling is that he's been very quiet of late considering he's club captain and that we are at a key time in our season (and arguably history in financial terms).

If he was desperate to be involved for the good of the club and his legacy as a player, he would have been shouting it from the rooftops. He was happy to tell the world he hadn't been given a testimonial and new contract, he is less keen on telling us he wants to give his all to get us up.

With that in mind, I am happy to see him go - with no hard feelings.

Agree with that, surely we should as fans take a deep breath and remember what he has done on the pitch and off it and remember that before we assassinate him, he deserves that at least.

I think most will. A lot more good than bad to look back on, I just can't understand why he wouldn't want the opportunity of playing a part in what would be our biggest season ( at least financially) in 12 years.

Lots of slagging of Kevin Davies on here and a ten pager about toss pot fans booing at the Reebok, both are wrong in my eyes.

Completely agree.

I totally support Dougie Freedman & accept his decision to rebuild the playing squad without Kevin Davies but some of the anti Kevin Davies shite has been on the same level as the boo boys at the ground.

For me, Kevin Davies gets nothing but respect & gratitude for his contribution & commitment to Bolton Wanderers.

• Moderators

oh well, he was good for us over the last 10 years, just less so this and last

still picked ahead of other contenders though

which is a slight worry - no stats to hand but certain, till this testimonial saga kicked all this off, he was still picked ahead of the strikers who we now have to rely on to get us up, and will probably be relying on next season if we stay down (I am for some reason assuming NGog will be gone)