Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile On The Rovers Board

miamiwhite

Brings a tear t my eye reading them posts, remember the night Worthy bagged the winner to send us up, was sat in the riverside stand and none other than "the creator" Peter Nicholson was sat behind me, as a 8/9 year old too see a current payer in with you was ace- my dad took me all over the country watching our heroes , Mansfield , Oldham , Sheffield and never went in away end. Never thought at the time why but obvious now. Wing stand or manchester road stand was our home position and on one of the many occasions we would witness a massive fight, fans changing ends/stands , I'd get home and quote my dad as saying decent "half time entertainment lad "to my mum who would go mental at him big time for encouraging me , very happy days

one of the posters saying ''men in black leather jackets were stood all around the back of us''

Bolton - trendsetters in the 70's

also one of the posters saying 'a lad in a red away shirt was carried aloft by the fans at the end,they thought he was a player''.............superb

i think ''thewarhurstward'' will have to stay undercover and nice until those bigger turds than wigan drop then cue the abuse :blush:

also one of their posters saying ''the biggest away following he'd seen at ewood in 50 years plus the crowd being nearer to 35,000 that night.

at this rate,the older heads on here will be saying we took more there that night than we had on against Darlington :thumbsup:

Goes down as one of the best nights ever,I still think it was Frankies best goal for us,thats including Ipswich and the Scum.I can remember his quote " I went around 13 players an ice cream van,kept my cool and slotted it into the bottom lefthand corner" cool as fuck

last poster on the thread saying we had at least 25,000 there. it started off at 20,000 and will be 50,000 by the end of the thread

did anyone actually go up to blackburn and stay in the alehouses instead of going to BOLLYWOOD

Have you got that many fans in total ??

I was in the Darwen End; the night was electric from start to finish

Definately at least 20000 Bolton on that night

Anyone go to Cardiff the Saturday before - big following there as well (more than 5000) but we lost 1-0

Yep, was at both. But I don't remember the Cardiff match at all - only heading back on the train later.

I was one of the " men in black leather jackets " on the Blackburn End ;) . There is film of that night, shown on local news i think, showing Frankie Worthy's goal with Bolton fans at the back of the Blackburn End, but i can't track it down.

It was feature on Kick Off 1 time....Ive got it somewhere (the clip of the goal) on VHS, Il have to dig it out.

Great find MW. Brought some memories back did that :jump:

Im also liking the relegation thread on their board, think they will stay up by the skin of their teeth, but are dead certs to go down under Bowyer next year!

I was in the Darwen End; the night was electric from start to finish

Definately at least 20000 Bolton on that night

Anyone go to Cardiff the Saturday before - big following there as well (more than 5000) but we lost 1-0

I was there in seats with a big Union Jack. Had a broken leg and used crutches to fly the flag.