Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fill The Reebok!

davidjack

Rallying cry - get down there on Saturday and get every Wanderers supporting mate who's found other things to do of late to turn out too. It should be rocking for this one - we should at least be able to fill our 3 ends - 23k Wanderers fans. I would hope we'd take more than that to Wembley if we got there, so why can't those who'd make that journey get their arses up to BL6?

The club should give any spare tickets by the end of the week away to schools too - don't care how we fill it, let's just fill it. If not now, when?

COYW!

I know - especially for play-offs, assuming we make it. A thank you to all season ticket holders who've stuck by them through the shite of the past 2 years would be a nice gesture. Say a tenner a ticket for us. Or buy one get one free. After 35 years of watching I'm still astounded by the sheer stupidity of the ticketing/ marketing set-up. We're talking about trying to get back up so we can be guaranteed an income if 70 million next year and all these penny-pinching fuckers can think about is how much extra they can squeeze out of folk for a one off game. Clueless.

• Members

Problem is it's £30 fora ticket, a lot won't pay that...the play off home game is the same, why don't they just drop it to £10 and fill the gaff?!

ST holders would moan if they did it for the Blackpool game.

You'd hope the club would do something for the home leg of the play-offs though to ensure it's a sell-out (should we win on Saturday that is).

You'd hope the club would do something for the home leg of the play-offs though to ensure it's a sell-out (should we win on Saturday that is).

Seems like they have chose not too, which is a shame as I think all ticket (no s/t's) we'd struggle to pull 18k on with it being on tele. As you say providing we get through.

Agreed David, and yeah Ano jack, I don't think ST holders would be bothered, as long as its still better value for buying an ST noone is bothered. Was like when we needed to beat WBA at home to stay up last year and we allocated then 5,000 tickets..... Gained about £10,000 max and probably lost £30m in the process

• Moderators

I doubt we would

well I wouldn't anyway

getting to the play off semi itself should ensure it's a good gate

but history would suggest otherwise:

99 V Ipswich: 18,295 (sunday on sky)

00 V Ipswich: 18,814 (sunday on sky)

01 v West Brom: 23,515 (wednesday, not on sky, didn't West Brom bring 5k?)

Agreed David, and yeah Ano jack, I don't think ST holders would be bothered, as long as its still better value for buying an ST noone is bothered. Was like when we needed to beat WBA at home to stay up last year and we allocated then 5,000 tickets..... Gained about £10,000 max and probably lost £30m in the process

it was more the shocking defending in the last 10 minutes that was the problem

Edited by ZicoKelly