Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Red Wine Thread

globaldiver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yellowtail on offer at The One Stop Shop near The Royal Bolton...Big Bold Red, Shiraz and a Pinot Grigio which I haven't tried so can't vouch for - all £5.59.

Get in there quick, the reduced wine will probably be pigswill like Hardys next up...

On a more depressing note, another shop that was my secret source of Jammy Red Roo has finally run out, meaning I'll be less ruddy cheeked in future - very Port-y that stuff...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

Yellowtail on offer at The One Stop Shop near The Royal Bolton...Big Bold Red, Shiraz and a Pinot Grigio which I haven't tried so can't vouch for - all £5.59.

Get in there quick, the reduced wine will probably be pigswill like Hardys next up...

On a more depressing note, another shop that was my secret source of Jammy Red Roo has finally run out, meaning I'll be less ruddy cheeked in future - very Port-y that stuff...

bargain booze is your friend

Jammy Red Roo? Fucking Horrible stuff

• Site Supporter

i think as the pisscan suggests, it needs to be a sipper

too sweet for me but might go with some cheeses

The Big Bold is a tip top quaffer

The Jammy Roo is too sweet for me but it's still a good un

For the price it is, can't go wrong.

bargain booze is your friend

Cheers - I'll check that out...

It is sweet, Jammy Red, probably would have been contrary so to my palate a few years ago, I'm more open to sweeter stuff these days - wouldn't sup a full bottle but it's lovely as a dessert wine or with a spot of cheese and fruit, or with a chocolate fruit and nut bar (hello sailor!)

Jammy red = adult vimto

That's one of the flavours, Vimto lollies - the type you'd get from Temperance bars turned sweet shops, like that one up Halliwell...

I'm in a Polish lager mood toneet, Zubr probably...£1 a can, from the finest and friendliest Kurdish shop formerly The New Cabin pub, Lever Street. All the Polish beers on offer at prices that can't be beaten.

• Site Supporter

That's one of the flavours, Vimto lollies - the type you'd get from Temperance bars turned sweet shops, like that one up Halliwell...

I'm in a Polish lager mood toneet, Zubr probably...£1 a can, from the finest and friendliest Kurdish shop formerly The New Cabin pub, Lever Street. All the Polish beers on offer at prices that can't be beaten.

Seriously now

Are you a real life Alan Bennett character?