Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Red Wine Thread

globaldiver

A cocktail of Vodka, prosecco and rhubarb and rosehip cordial.

No balls, get on it, you can get the cordial from booths and it tastes like the fruit salad sweets.

it sounds like it'd work!

One of the old gits on our road brews up sloe gin. A slurp of that in prosecco is belting

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yellowtail on offer at The One Stop Shop near The Royal Bolton...Big Bold Red, Shiraz and a Pinot Grigio which I haven't tried so can't vouch for - all £5.59.

Get in there quick, the reduced wine will probably be pigswill like Hardys next up...

On a more depressing note, another shop that was my secret source of Jammy Red Roo has finally run out, meaning I'll be less ruddy cheeked in future - very Port-y that stuff...

JRR is still in BB

Also on Amazon, as is the BBR

• Moderators

Had a few ins into the wine industry at work recently, one of our team spoke at this big wine merchants gig in Milan

Anyway big concerns for them at the minute as they are seeing and forecasting drop in sales as they're aren't seeing young people get into wine like they used to with them preferring craft ale and gin and all that

So they're a bit worried

JSL

• Moderators

That's where mine are from. Limited to six a customer at £6.50 each as supply is short. I've so far got 18. It really is something.

just been reading back

this is now out of stock but if they had it, its limited to 2 per order

just been reading back

this is now out of stock but if they had it, its limited to 2 per order

What was that, Yellow Belly was it? Mine are stored away. Hopefully to be a pleasant surprise if it's dug out by accident whilst moving house in about 25 years time. I think they did another version which I got a few of too but I can't recall. 

Had a few ins into the wine industry at work recently, one of our team spoke at this big wine merchants gig in Milan 

Anyway big concerns for them at the minute as they are seeing and forecasting drop in sales as they're aren't seeing young people get into wine like they used to with them preferring craft ale and gin and all that 

So they're a bit worried

JSL 

The future is China. The boring traditional stuff from France etc seems to cut it with the Chinese pretense to high culture whereas this is not the case with drinkers now used to crazy 11% cheesecake and chilli flavoured beers and trendy gin. The Times said recently say that buying wine in bonds is the most lucrative, lowest risk thing you can do for a long term investment with a pile of idle cash.  

• 2 weeks later...