Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Knee Bursae

miamiwhite

Anybody had one ?

I'm in great pain with my right knee,thought it was the old medial meniscus problem playing up but this is actually worse. i'm struggling to walk and have seen milk turn quicker than me

Any thoughts folks or is it just the bad AIDS diagnosis again ?

I've got a patella bursitis in my left knee at the moment. Diclofenac helps as it takes the swelling down but can soften your stools. Get an X-ray from your GP to just confirm it.

I need non impact exercise to help so the bike is out this weekend.

• Members

I've got a patella bursitis in my left knee at the moment. Diclofenac helps as it takes the swelling down but can soften your stools. Get an X-ray from your GP to just confirm it.

I need non impact exercise to help so the bike is out this weekend.

Same as, had it since the age of 16 from playing rounders/netball. Doesn't cause pain anymore unless im on my knees for a while :innocent:

just got back from the hospital. Bursitis in the right knee plus an infection to boot,caused by the chemicals i'm working with. the oversuits we use are totally inadequate and we need waterproof clothing. got to stay off work until my knee is better. when i do go back i'll look like a cross between bradley wiggins and ian thorpe in my new work clothes. totally pissed off and in serious agony.

knee is swollen like a throbbing bell end and i can't walk

needle phobia ? fucking shit em when they did blood tests. almost a riot in there !!!!!!!

did see smiff's alter ego aka Andy Gillard the mod queen in there,had a good chat with him re Ginger and co.

a lad met his maker unexpectedly,all his family were heartbroken outside,very sad and upsetting to see

got bursitis in both elbows, right knee and gout in both feet and knees, i'm completely fucked if any of them blow up. i'm only fooking 35!!!!!

I'd been to A&E a couple of times thinking I'd somehow broken my foot, first time they X-ray'd me and sent me home saying nothing was showing on the X-ray and just to rest 'cos it must be soft tissue damage, the second occasion a very young doctor made the connection and told me to get a blood test at the GP for Gout. Turns out it was, but I've now been taking Alpurinol for over a year and haven't had any problems in that time. Have you not been given anything to treat it?

Also been to A&E with very severe pain in one of my knees and thought I'd ruptured a tendon or something serious, I was surprised to be told it was "House maids knee" as Bursitis of the knee is apparently known. The physio said it was caused by to much kneeling on hard floors, so now I wear knee pads when at work.

Both are more painful conditions than can be imagined if you've never suffered from them.

• Members

I'd been to A&E a couple of times thinking I'd somehow broken my foot, first time they X-ray'd me and sent me home saying nothing was showing on the X-ray and just to rest 'cos it must be soft tissue damage, the second occasion a very young doctor made the connection and told me to get a blood test at the GP for Gout. Turns out it was, but I've now been taking Alpurinol for over a year and haven't had any problems in that time. Have you not been given anything to treat it?

Also been to A&E with very severe pain in one of my knees and thought I'd ruptured a tendon or something serious, I was surprised to be told it was "House maids knee" as Bursitis of the knee is apparently known. The physio said it was caused by to much kneeling on hard floors, so now I wear knee pads when at work.

Both are more painful conditions than can be imagined if you've never suffered from them.

he's on all sorts of meds. Thinking of getting him a pill box for his birthday the owd man, he's only 35!

i'll second that TK.

I've had many broken bones,ligaments damaged etc but the pain on this knee of mine is something different

I get gout in either knee, i thought it was sports type injuries for years then had a blood test for gout which proved positive.

I take colchicine when required and it usually fends off the worst of it.

Before i was diagnosed with gout i used to just "tough it out" with painkillers and knee movement down to about 5% - absolute agony, much worse than any broken bones or ligament damage i've had.