Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Qpr 1

anewman

I was intrigued by the formation,

would have worked if Chungy, Beckford and Ngog would have been on their game,they all seem afraid of shooting, but if you cant keep the ball in their half, we're always going to concede...

Ream played really well in that position.

Our major issue is that the two best players on the pitch are defensive midfields..

Lets hope Beckford nets one against Trashmere, and gives him that boost to start banging them in,

I hope Freedman starts his strongest team and formation for Tranmere we need a consistent formation and team selection and this would be the perfect game to start.

I was intrigued by the formation,

would have worked if Chungy, Beckford and Ngog would have been on their game,they all seem afraid of shooting, but if you cant keep the ball in their half, we're always going to concede...

Ream played really well in that position.

Our major issue is that the two best players on the pitch are defensive midfields..

Lets hope Beckford nets one against Trashmere, and gives him that boost to start banging them in,

I'm with you on Beckford there....but also how do Craig Davies and Eaves get a shot I they're not getting opportunities to prove themselves in games like this?

It's catch 22 really....maybe give Beckford a half and see how he goes?

I'd rest N'Gog if something's not right there and try and involve the other 2 along with Hall and Oduleysi after the last game

I'm with you on Beckford there....but also how do Craig Davies and Eaves get a shot I they're not getting opportunities to prove themselves in games like this?

It's catch 22 really....maybe give Beckford a half and see how he goes?

I'd rest N'Gog if something's not right there and try and involve the other 2 along with Hall and Oduleysi after the last game

I've finally given up on NGog he's not made of the right stuff if we could recoup a million or 2 I'd get shut as long as we could spend it on someone else with at the least a bit of bottle effort and ability.

Effort and ability?

Technically, do we have a better player in the squad?

What use exactly as all this been to us up until now 'technically'. He can't apply it and you can't keep blaming the system, other players etc. Close to giving up on him unfortunately.

Tragic performance, not good at all. Still trust Dougie, it's disappointing we can't get the players we need in but obviously you can't spend what you don't have! He'll get it right.

As for players, thought Ream was okay but is still obviously a massive liability, need better players than him.

Chungy looked better today, he just needs a bit of confidence. He'll get better as the season progresses.

Beckford, like Chungy is just lacking confidence, snatching at his chances. Once he bags a few goals he'll be right.

The lack of pace in defence is still scary to watch.

Anyway, we'll smash Blackburn next week! Can't wait! COYW!

why will we smash blackburn?

• Site Supporter

How many of our players have improved in the last 12 months?

Bit of a silly question which requires a debatably silly answer

Bogdan- made great start to season

Tierney and baptiste weren't regulars for their teams last year so are arguably in a better position under Dougie

Knight had his most consistent spell at the end of last season under Dougie and next to a decent centre half - Dougie is now trying to address this

Prately- immensely better

Eagles - lot more consistent under Dougie

Spearing - player of season last year

Medo - first name on team sheet

There could be more.

• Moderators

Lowest league attendance this millennium?

No, I recall a midweek game 01/02 v QPR as it happens where the crowd including away fans was less than the amount of season tickets we'd, sub 11 or 12k

As for yesterday, right now a high flying QPR will look at that and say if we can be shit and still win 1-0 then it bodes well for a promotion push

We have to look at it and say 60 mins decent footy this season, 2 goals, no wins and we even look lost without pratley and we can't cope with injuries and suspensions

I doubt this is as bad as it gets either but its a long old season and once key players are back we'll see what DF is about, though on paper yesterday there was really one player who was a surprise, its just everything else that went wrong

Previous league hat tricks were both McGinlay in 93-94. Prior to that, you're looking at John Thomas in the fourth division. Before JT, George Oghani.

Bobic seems an age ago (and, otherwise, he was fairly shit) but it's not as though we were seeing hat tricks every other week, and now they've suddenly stopped.

It doesn't matter who we have upfront. We ain't creating ought. If Beckford was missing plenty of golden chances then fine we need someone else.

And I don't think the lack of chances is down to poor positioning / lack of movement by Beckford or whoever is upfront.

It doesn't matter who we have upfront. We ain't creating ought. If Beckford was missing plenty of golden chances then fine we need someone else.

And I don't think the lack of chances is down to poor positioning / lack of movement by Beckford or whoever is upfront.

A good point that. I don't know if it were nerves but a lot of players seemed to freeze on the ball yesterday.

I think Beckford just needs a confidence boost that I hope he collects at Tranmere.

Neither Beckford or N'gog wanted the ball yesterday their movement was woeful, I'm not having it all down to the service again. Players with their pace need to do better, what about a bit of movement?. A proper striker would have buried that chance Beckford had, it worries me he wasn't even close. Everton fan with me said he was always good at getting a sniff of goal but finishing was woeful.

Signing and playing Butterfield, not signing Dawson until the end of last season, playing Hall against Blackpool, only having 4 first team friendly's, making Zat Knight captain, not changing the formation yesterday when 1-0 down, saying 'we control the game without the ball' WTF?? I could go on. He's turning out to be an arrogant pillock and I just hope he can stop the rot soon!!

Signing and playing Butterfield, not signing Dawson until the end of last season, playing Hall against Blackpool, only having 4 first team friendly's, making Zat Knight captain, not changing the formation yesterday when 1-0 down, saying 'we control the game without the ball' WTF?? I could go on. He's turning out to be an arrogant pillock and I just hope he can stop the rot soon!!

Umm he wasn't allowed to.

JSL