Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading 7 Bolton 1

victor meldrew

First match in 1978 don't realty make me a jcl....

But if you want to persevere with this man into div 1...away you go.

Because he is the latest in a line of washed up poor appointments.

I'll apologise to you for your early start, IF, you followed through the dark days week in week out. If you kept the faith home & away through the shite we truely put up with. IF you grabbed the rewards from those dark days & enjoyed the impossible dream of Europe & beyond.....

Because if you did, this we're experiencing is nothing. The fact you're taking umbrage on my comment speaks more about you than my comment did. I don't know you, so I won't presume or criticise too much, but if you think changing managers every 12-18 month's will help us in our current predicament then carry on & I'll stand on the terraces of Aldershot, Newport County, Halifax, Darlo & the likes with you.

The world of footie has moved on, changed & evolved, we've not moved rightly with it, now we're forced to, we'd better suck it up & except the shite we've put ourselves in.

I hear a lot winge & moan about where we're at, referencing Blackpool(til they predictably fooked up) & Burnley (ffs) when they clearly forgot about Wolves who came down aswell, or Blackburn who aren't exactly ripping up trees?

JCL's come & go, no matter what year they started.

I don't buy all this it's not freedman's team excuse...

He's had plenty of time and opportunities...

He doesn't know his arse from his elbow ...

I take back last weeks post that there are four worse sides in this league.....

Hold on to your hats kids...cause we are in for one hell of a ride...

See the problem isn't that it's not Freedman's team.

It's that it is the remnants of Coyle's.

• Site Supporter

as said in other threads... he's brought over 20 players in in just over a season, some on contracts some on loans..

that should be ample as they're all being paid decent wages..

some of the players he has he wont ever play...

A Manager manages people, Dougie just isn't doing.

We've known about the defence issue for ages, and yet he persists in bringing in midfielders..

Missed most of the goals cause Garrp kept buying beer. Still, most of what I saw was shite. We're in it for the long run with Doug and I'm convinced it will come good eventually.

Top day out all in all, not going up for the first half is the way forward.

If you think he's still going to get it right after that today, then you need help

So for the Freedman apologists...

When does it become his team?

When we're finally decent again perhaps?

At this rate that'll be when we're in the Evostick league or whatever it's called

Perversely I fancy us against Cardiff now......the red wine obviously hasn't worn off yet

Oh yeah before I forget Dougie, Lenny and that defensive genius Curtis Out out out of our club please

I'll apologise to you for your early start, IF, you followed through the dark days week in week out. If you kept the faith home & away through the shite we truely put up with. IF you grabbed the rewards from those dark days & enjoyed the impossible dream of Europe & beyond.....

Because if you did, this we're experiencing is nothing. The fact you're taking umbrage on my comment speaks more about you than my comment did. I don't know you, so I won't presume or criticise too much, but if you think changing managers every 12-18 month's will help us in our current predicament then carry on & I'll stand on the terraces of Aldershot, Newport County, Halifax, Darlo & the likes with you.

The world of footie has moved on, changed & evolved, we've not moved rightly with it, now we're forced to, we'd better suck it up & except the shite we've put ourselves in.

I hear a lot winge & moan about where we're at, referencing Blackpool(til they predictably fooked up) & Burnley (ffs) when they clearly forgot about Wolves who came down aswell, or Blackburn who aren't exactly ripping up trees?

JCL's come & go, no matter what year they started.

But how long do you stick with him?

Until he takes us down and down again?

What makes you think he will ever come good?

Do we just keep hoping, week after week?

We stuck with the last fool for 6 months to long, I would hope our chairman has learnt his lesson, but I doubt it.

It is Irrelevant whether we have experienced worse than this before....

We need to stop the rot...for the good of this club.

As a business, it's business plan must be premiership football. The further we are away from that, the further the board are under pressure to act....

Tick tock...

What makes you think he will ever come good?

Do we just keep hoping, week after week?

It is Irrelevant whether we have experienced worse than this before....

This is what I don't get. What exactly makes the long term DF believers believe?

He had a nice authoritive Scottish accent?

He ain't Coyle?

God knows but he's sucked some right in despite the glaring evidence

I'm all for giving someone a chance but if he's not the right man, he's the wrong man and we need to be more ruthless

According to the BBC, Reading had scored 2 in the last 5 games

Under DF and co we are the gift that keeps on giving