Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

6 Years! 6 Bloody Years!

MickyD

at least I'm not the only one who sticks up for mr megson bet loads were loving him when we beat man utd at home the last time that happened?

I've gone round in circles on here about it all.

All I say is if you remove all emotion and what went on before and after and look solely at the clear facts of Gary Megson reign you will see that he kept us up twice including a mid table finish after taking over and ageing squad mixed with the pisscans little Sam/big Sam signed.

In isolation that record is good,wether you like him or now...you can't deny those facts.

Madrid was also the worst hangover I can remember having in a long time

next day - sip a bit of water, throw up, move, throw up,breath, throw up, open eyes, throw up

planned on having a nice day in madrid doing some site seeing and that

instead, spent the day like this

181_10526642044_9319_n.jpg

Ha ha yes you were! Forgot about that

I've gone round in circles on here about it all.

All I say is if you remove all emotion and what went on before and after and look solely at the clear facts of Gary Megson reign you will see that he kept us up twice including a mid table finish after taking over and ageing squad mixed with the pisscans little Sam/big Sam signed.

In isolation that record is good,wether you like him or now...you can't deny those facts.

This ignores downward momentum and the fact that he was ripping the club apart; from players to staff to supporters

Seem to remember Jules Darby buying us all lap dances, got chatting to some other lads in there as well, presumed they were Bolton, turned out they were a couple of Gary cahill's mates from Sheffield who saw his euro games as an excuse for lads trips away

Aye, good lads them lot

One of the best moments was Mr H scaring the shit out of Boltimore in the square just by looking at him and not speaking :D

Great trip. Still can't believe police in balaclavas, hidden Id and throwing chairs at Bolton fans. I saw a few well known ex and still active posters off here arrive and thought 'thank fuck for that someone can take em on'. Euro aways some of the best days in my life. We should be grateful 95 percent of football fans won't even get a sniff of days like them

As fans we wanted to be in Europe, as a club we definitely didn't want to be

I remember Gartside saying that we would only make any real money out of the UEFA Cup if we reached the final. Having said that, if we'd beaten Lisbon, we'd have been playing Rangers and we'd have made a few quid on that fixture.

Guest bwfcdan

Got there on really cheap flights but had to go via Malaga. 6 Hours in Malaga airport bar with the sun on us while it was raining and snowing back home was a great way to start the trip.

6 hours on Malaga airport on the way back was somewhat less enjoyable.

Saw some grim sights outside the stadium afterwards, medics did an absolutely shit job on my cousin's baton-split head with a staple gun.

We played Blackburn on the Sunday after, remember seeing a fella on the platform at Bolton as we were all waiting for the train. His head was a mess, stapled from the back of his head all the way across to the front. Christ it looked bloody sore.

Managed to fit in a tour of the Bernabeu on that trip too. They were really helpful with the wheelchair. Great trophy room (as you'd expect). Top club, even if I do dislike the rich & powerful football self-styled elite.

Sitting in the dug-out looking up at those stands was pretty impressive.