Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Uruguay

L/H White

Shaun Custis, one of the journalists responsible for that report was on 5 Live last night. When he was asked why he thought Rooney would be on the bench, he said that he'd spotted him training away from the first team. Gary Neville then pointed out that he was doing extra training after the main session had finished, as he always does for both club and country. 

Shaun Custis, one of the journalists responsible for that report was on 5 Live last night. When he was asked why he thought Rooney would be on the bench, he said that he'd spotted him training away from the first team. Gary Neville then pointed out that he was doing extra training after the main session had finished, as he always does for both club and country. 

Its was also said that if this was the basis of the rumour about him being dropped, then we are set to start with only 10 men against Uruguay

Personally I would put him back in the number 10 spot.  He is out best number 10 so play him there.  We have better left sided players than him so play them there!  Stop putting round square pegs in round holes...

Edited by SalfordOriginal

Saw on the news this morning Mrs Rooney and the sprogs have landed in Brazil to give her hubby some support, she had 3 trolly loads of luggage with her FFS, that's a lot of luggage for a week

The entire contents of their local George store.

Saw on the news this morning Mrs Rooney and the sprogs have landed in Brazil to give her hubby some support, she had 3 trolly loads of luggage with her FFS, that's a lot of luggage for a week

At least she didn't attach herself to a star footballer - just a 14 year-old lad who fixed her puncture on the way home from school.

Guest bwfcdan

Nervous as fuck already.

Comon you fuckers!!

Not having it Suarez is match fit.

Same here, I don't think Suarez will play any part in the tournament.

• Members

I think Suarez will play ... but as already mentioned, he can't be match fit.  If he was anywhere near close then Shirley he'd have been brought on towards the end of their last game to try and rescue the result.

Dangerous thinking here, but on this basis I think I'm hoping he plays tonight.

I too am nervous!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.