Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1 Hour 25 Minutes

globaldiver

The problem is the A6, so is a business as usual problem.

I am clear after discussions with Salford that this was a decision made by Salford, for Salford, without any interest in any other stakeholders.

It is on the longer term agenda to solve this, but it will be a few years.

They didnt want to be seen as a place folk drive through to get to Manchester. The problem is they ARE a place folk drive through to get to Manchester.

They got a crap load of European cash to do up the area probably linked in to them reducing the traffic flow through there.

Edited by frank_spencer

So now it's seen as the place folk are pissed off about being stuck in on their way to Manchester.

Genius

Over yet to find anyone who thinks the work done was a good idea.

Its like I said before if project A requires project B to be completed to Function properly it makes sense to do them either together or better do B first.

• Site Supporter

Leave doffcocker to get to sale at 6.45 get to sale at 7.20

Left at 7.10 on Monday got in 8.30

Just end up grabbing a paper /finding something to do.. Leave about 3.15 most days so hardly end of the world.. Coming back seems to take an hour regardless of what time I leave

My commute was a right cunt this morning, nearly fell over the dog going downstairs.

Sounds similar to mine.

Terrible tailback for the bathroom at 8.30 too.

Mine was pretty hellish as well. There was a big pile up (of dogs toys) at the foot of the stairs. It added 3 seconds onto my journey, I still managed to make it to the dining room on time though, as I'd set off from the bedroom earlier than usual having been pre-warned of the incident by Mrs CWP an hour before 

Mine was pretty hellish as well. There was a big pile up (of dogs toys) at the foot of the stairs. It added 3 seconds onto my journey, I still managed to make it to the dining room on time though, as I'd set off from the bedroom earlier than usual having been pre-warned of the incident by Mrs CWP an hour before 

That's outrageous, mate.

She had plenty of time to clear a path for you.

Great view of said hill from our office kitchen window.

M65 for me, though.

I have only done it a couple of times & can't be arsed with the stop start of the 3 down to 2 lanes & then the schlep through Read & Sabden. I've never seen a sign for the treacle mines either :)

There's a few crashes I hear on M65 with the lane changes, have you ever had trouble?

• Moderators

Friday traffic is proper weird

It's the easiest morning by a country mile, yet usually the busiest return journey

aye

all week its been over an hour

this morning about 45 minutes but a mess coming home

how very strange

• Site Supporter

Friday traffic is proper weird

It's the easiest morning by a country mile, yet usually the busiest return journey

As someone who has worked away for loads of his career, Monday has always been a nightmare as everyone goes to work, far or near. Midweek is slightly better and Friday best in the morning but awful after that as everyone goes home again.

• Site Supporter

Think about it, unless there is something weirdly important, why would anyone book a random Wednesday off? Friday is different because you can start your weekend off early and get stuck in traffic on your way to the lakes :)

Seriously though, anyone who can work from home on a Friday does so.

Think about it, unless there is something weirdly important, why would anyone book a random Wednesday off? Friday is different because you can start your weekend off early and get stuck in traffic on your way to the lakes :)

Seriously though, anyone who can work from home on a Friday does so.

If they're all working from home why the fuck are the roads worse between 4:30pm and 6pm than they are Mon-Thurs?