Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Sheffield Utd gonna get a real pumping again tonight. Their defence is shocking

3-0 15 mins 

Going to be a long night

I know Derby have the record for least points in the Prem, but surely the combined points of the bottom 2 can't have been lower than its going to be this season.  

But however "bad" they are you just know Burnley & Sheff U will be top 4 or 5 in the championship next season.

• Site Supporter

I doubt that both the two at the bottom are doing justice to themselves. Can probably be much better,

We know only too well how losing can become a habit, with belief dropping, then performance etc.

Even if they're trying, being in at a low ebb mentally reduces physical performance. 

Vincent Kompany appears defeated in his post match interviews too.

May well do well next season after a summer off, but there are no guarantees, and if they go down with barely a whimper then it's possible that the squad breaks up.

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I doubt that both the two at the bottom are doing justice to themselves. Can probably be much better,

We know only too well how losing can become a habit, with belief dropping, then performance etc.

Even if they're trying, being in at a low ebb mentally reduces physical performance. 

Vincent Kompany appears defeated in his post match interviews too.

May well do well next season after a summer off, but there are no guarantees, and if they go down with barely a whimper then it's possible that the squad breaks up.

Yes, agreed, some good observations.

No doubt the squads will break up - much will depend on who the respective managers are, I suspect Wilder will want to get his own men in as this isn't his team.

But both teams will rebuild using their parachute payments, Burnley recruited virtually a new team 2 years ago and started from scratch with a new playing style.  That's easier to do if you have millions to chuck at it.

• Members
4 hours ago, tomski said:

Thinking Inter could go one further in champs league. Think they’ll get the league done and dusted soon enough.

Well we both predicted it at the start of the season (Scudetto). I just don't think they have enough to overcome the likes of City.

Been wrong before though.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Well we both predicted it at the start of the season (Scudetto). I just don't think they have enough to overcome the likes of City.

Been wrong before though.

Yeah scudetto done and dusted. That said they have a tough fixture against Atletico away. Their record at the metropolitano is far better than I’d envisaged.

Get through that I think it’s game on. I actually think if they avoid each other then it could be a repeat final. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, L/H White said:

title race hoting up 

few more twists and turns yet

arsenal seem to be hitting top gear at the right time 

City's next two league games are Liverpool away and Arsenal at home

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I know Derby have the record for least points in the Prem, but surely the combined points of the bottom 2 can't have been lower than its going to be this season.  

Sheffield conceded 72 with 11 games to go 

The PL record is Swindon with 100 and that was over 42 games 

Derby did 89 in 38 

I think they will break both those records