Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Not sure there. Arsenal and Everton have improved dramatically and I wouldn't be writing Spurs off. Not sure I'd rate Chelsea better than any of these but we will know at the end of the season.

Think regards arsenal he’s still steadying the ship and like spurs they rely on 1-2 players to do the business if not bang average

everton could be a surprise and follow what Leicester have done recently certainly exciting time to be a fan 

5 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Chelsea have recruited well but Lampard is a shite manager

In his short time as a manager the stats don’t back that up, strange comment 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think regards arsenal he’s still steadying the ship and like spurs they rely on 1-2 players to do the business if not bang average

everton could be a surprise and follow what Leicester have done recently certainly exciting time to be a fan 

I agree he’s a good manager in the making, if you look at how Derby have struggled since he left, and I think he’s slowly improving Chelsea, possibly next England manager for me. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree he’s a good manager in the making, if you look at how Derby have struggled since he left, and I think he’s slowly improving Chelsea, possibly next England manager for me. 

Yes people will say he’s had the luxury of spending millions on transfers but he’s also progressing the youngsters, for me if Chelsea find the consistency they could get 3rd and I don’t think the gap to 2nd will be massive 

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Seen Richard Keys seriously suggesting Pep brings in Allardyce as an assistant 🤣

I suggested that on here a few months ago.Paying Sam £5 million a year to organise what they've already got would be bring better results than paying £50 million for another defender that Pep doesn't know what to do with.

I think De Bruyne must be getting itchy feet.He is probably being paid suitcases full of untaxed cash on top of his monstrous salary but as one of the best 2 or 3 midfielders in the world, he's probably wanting to do more at club level than win the League Cup.

12 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I suggested that on here a few months ago.Paying Sam £5 million a year to organise what they've already got would be bring better results than paying £50 million for another defender that Pep doesn't know what to do with.

I think De Bruyne must be getting itchy feet.He is probably being paid suitcases full of untaxed cash on top of his monstrous salary but as one of the best 2 or 3 midfielders in the world, he's probably wanting to do more at club level than win the League Cup.

roflocopterffs 🤣🤣🤣

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Liverpool won’t get caught by this City team. They are in transition, not good enough to knock Liverpool off their perch. I’m a bit surprised but hey ho

Transition?

All I see is Pep buying more players because some of the ones he bought turned out to not be that good

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

He underachieved not getting that Derby squad up imo. Anyway, we'll agree to disagree, see how this season goes.

• Site Supporter

I’ll tell you what

I’m sick to death of watching teams playing it out from the goalie, starting with 6 players all gathered in and around the penalty box. It’s bollocks, save that shit for 5 a side.

I reckon 4/5 times most teams do it the goalie ends up having to clog the ball up the pitch anyway but most players are now all arguing on the penalty spot about whose turn it was to pass the ball 15 yards across the box

Edited by Spider

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ll tell you what

I’m sick to death of watching teams playing it out from the goalie, starting with 6 players all gathered in and around the penalty box. It’s bollocks, save that shit for 5 a side.

I reckon 4/5 times most teams do it the goalie ends up having to clog the ball up the pitch anyway but most players are now all arguing on the penalty spot about whose turn it was to pass the ball 15 yards across the box

I expect most are just dedicated followers of football fashion

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ll tell you what

Watching Brighton last season trying it in one game was car crash cost them 2 goals in 20 minutes. 

• Members
25 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ll tell you what

The thing I don’t like about it is how deep you can play a forward onside, it’s madness at times 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I’ll tell you what

Its infected football throughout. All the way through to kids level. 

Its a massive pile of bollocks.