Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

See Owen Coyle has now managed Us, Pie Eaters and Dingles, and managed to sow the seeds of getting them all into League 1

Bruce Rioch and Sam Allardyce managed two of them, but neither Rioch, Allardyce nor Coyle got any of them relegated to Div 3.

JSL.

Haha you won't beat jack dearden for that. Full on heart attack at getting a corner.

Correct, the screaming from Jack every time a shot goes within 6 yards of the goal has driven me to Tower FM for a couple of seasons

Any Bolton fan who doesn't get at least a semi-on looking at the bottom of the championship today is fucking puddled.

I'm at full bonk on

My hands are down t bone from ecstatic clapping :) 

Edited by madthatter

• Moderators

See Owen Coyle has now managed Us, Pie Eaters and Dingles, and managed to sow the seeds of getting them all into League 1

he also set Burnley on their way to where they are now - "established" Premier League - I bet their lot don't hate him so  much now given the job he's done in the North West over the last 10 years - he's pretty much responsible for turning the Lancashire footballing hierarchy on it's head

he also set Burnley on their way to where they are now - "established" Premier League - I bet their lot don't hate him so much now given the job he's done in the North West over the last 10 years - he's pretty much responsible for turning the Lancashire footballing hierarchy on it's head

Can't be that often in their history that they're two divisions above Blackburn

Can't be that often in their history that they're two divisions above Blackburn

I bet they've not spent more than 6 or 7 seasons in the 3rd tier in their entire history have they? -  hopefully they'll be in there for an extended period of time now though

Edited by Sweep

This season just keeps getting better . All I need now is for the franchise to blow the UEFA cup . Happy days .

If they win it, they get into the CL next season

Is that instead of the 4th placed PL team, or as well as?  -  which would mean 5 English teams in the comp?

I bet they've not spent more than 6 or 7 seasons in the 3rd tier in their entire history have they? -  hopefully they'll be in there for an extended period of time now though

Next season will be their 6th to our 13 but i wouldn't say they are  a club with higher standards than ours, before Jack Walker bought their place in the top division they'd been outside it for 26 years, our longest stretch outside is only 15 seasons.

Maybe they are more consistently average than us with less peaks and troughs

• Moderators

i know i would say this but burnley were successful despite coyle (the cunt)

theres a fella back on the south coast who is so good, even coyle (the cunt) couldnt fuck it up

• Moderators

Next season will be their 6th to our 13 but i wouldn't say they are  a club with higher standards than ours, before Jack Walker bought their place in the top division they'd been outside it for 26 years, our longest stretch outside is only 15 seasons.

Maybe they are more consistently average than us with less peaks and troughs

did we buy our successful years under sam?

before Jack Walker bought their place in the top division 

Pretty much every team that has been successful (with the recent exception of Leicester) has always "bought" that success  -  I never understand why people criticise any team that goes out, spends the cash, and then starts winning things. It's pretty much always been the same way.

No we were prudently managed by a genius on a small budget  vastly overachieving every season on league position to wages paid.

Blackburn on the other hand threw more money at Alan Shearer than even Man United would.