Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Liverpool 2

Happy Wanderer

We shouldn't be charging for tickets.

With it being ont telly, we should let fans in for free.

That would, almost certainly, guarantee a sell out.

Edited by boltondiver

Just purchased 2 for WSL , the kid behind counter said all ESL apart from corners have been sold and most of ground was filling up nicely.   The Asian Pipe band are playing, The drum major is a staunch Bolton fan, he told me "Any one who comes to practice in a Munich shirt gets Fucked Off"

I don't think the Uefa cup or the Villa Semi-final sum our fans up those games were on TV and that makes a difference I'd guess there were 1000s of Bolton fans watching these games at home or in the pub, many of our fans don't get that supporting your club is about putting your cash through the turnstile and it's the same fans who moan we don't spend money. I've said it before our latent support is large, and it takes something monumental to motivate them to get of their arses, and a fixtures live on TV won't motivate them to buy a ticket.

I don't think it's entirely down to motivation. Don't forget that we were in the Premier League at the time and going to those games isn't cheap. We don't have supporters clubs all over the country like the big teams, so it's generally the same people who turn out home and away every week. If they then have to make a decision about whether to go to the home or away fixtures in the UEFA Cup and the home fixture is on telly, then it's no wonder that attendances were down in the home games. Everyone's resources are finite.

At the risk of labouring a point, who gives a fuck whether we sell out or not?

The money men at the club don't, so why should we?

They've done the sums and decided that £26 a ticket is the price point required to generate the desired and with around 20,000 tickets sold with a a day and half to go, it appears they've got it right.

£15 for adults and £10 for kids might have been nicer, but we'd have made less money. 

At the risk of labouring a point, who gives a fuck whether we sell out or not?

The money men at the club don't, so why should we?

They've done the sums and decided that £26 a ticket is the price point required to generate the desired and with around 20,000 tickets sold with a a day and half to go, it appears they've got it right.

£15 for adults and £10 for kids might have been nicer, but we'd have made less money.

I don't care either. Looking forward to the game though

I'd love to be proved wrong on this...it'll mean we really have built our support up a level from the early days in the Prem...which we should have done really after 11 consecutive years in it. Anyone under 25 has only really known relative success as a Wanderers fans - compared with the hardcore who endured the 80s.

I'd love to be proved wrong on this...it'll mean we really have built our support up a level from the early days in the Prem...which we should have done really after 11 consecutive years in it.

That's happened regardless of tomorrow evening's attendance. First season back in the Championship under Rioch, i thnk we were averaging around 11,000 after years in the lower leagues.

Yeah. We averaged 16k I think the record-breaking season of 96-97 - after having had our first season in the Prem the year before. If we were to have a season like that under Lennon next year - 100 goals, almost 100 points - we'll be averaging a lot more than 16k.

Tickets for Wanderers' FA Cup fourth round replay with Liverpool at Macron Stadium are now on open sale and are still available to purchase.

Set to be contested on Wednesday 4 February with a 7.45pm kick-off, and as of Monday morning the club had sold almost 20,000 tickets for the game.

Tickets for Wanderers' FA Cup fourth round replay with Liverpool at Macron Stadium are now on open sale and are still available to purchase.

Set to be contested on Wednesday 4 February with a 7.45pm kick-off, and as of Monday morning the club had sold almost 20,000 tickets for the game.

Cheers, mate.

Good to see an update on the situation.