Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Should You Vote For?

stevieb

you seem sarcastic as though it isnt a possibility. Theres already been 2 wars through Europe in recent times and we need to learn from history.

Things were ok in Europe until this EU thing.

There hasn't been a single European war since the formation of the EU. WUM.

Anyway I dont want to hog this discussion thread or upset anyone, that was never my intention at all. Thank you for the discussion Redmond, I learned a few things from you ty. I appologise if anyone thinks I posted too much, sorry.

There hasn't been a single European war since the formation of the EU. WUM.

I didnt say there was, I dont understand where you got that from, anyway I am a peace loving person and would be hurt if anyone is taking offence by me discussing, and so I bid you a good night, and thank you.

We are not being fleeced. We are lucky as fuck to live in a country that is a a member of the EU.

Most stupid thing I've read on this thread.

All those reasons you gave above are fallacies. Trade would continue just fine. Just because your a fully paid up member of a trade society does not mean you cannot get away with your products or services being uncompetitive.

China, USA, Russia South America, India and many more Asian countries have no problems exporting their goods to the EU and non EU. Why? because they fufil the age old criteria of market forces....the right price, availability and quality!

The sky would not fall down if we left.

Edited by bgoefc

They say Labour aren't explaining where the money will come from therefore if they don't know, can Labour be trusted.Odds on they'll spend more if they aren't prepared to put bones on it.

The Tories have a £12bn hole in their budget. Do they receive the same mistrust?

The Tories have a £12bn hole in their budget. Do they receive the same mistrust?

Not as much, no as they don't seem to have fucked it up as much as Labour did. Or they haven't in my opinion as let's remember I'm in the majority who are not as altruistic as you.

I wonder if Cheese can tell the class how many wars Norway have been in against its European neighbours if a lack of which is a decent reason for the UK being in the EU. There are some good arguments for staying in so it's a bit odd that he doesn't make any of them.  

Is that Ed's adding up because if so I think his calculator is fucked, something the fiscal studies people conclude when they reckoned he's about 90 BILLION short in his sums.

90 BILLION POUNDS

Our kids will be paying that off for generations. Add up the horrific deficit the Commies always manage to lump the country with and union lead rule over pensions and welfare, the 500 billion pound PFI legacy which still hasn't been realised yet by the mouthbreathers (those shiny new schools and hospitals Blair built still need paying for) and I reckon that 12 billion is loose change down the side of the couch by comparison.

aww the naughty Ukip upset you do they?

I don't see what value they bring to the table. They just seem to be a voice for the man down the pub who tells you how shit everything is through various bollocks.

Is that Ed's adding up because if so I think his calculator is fucked, something the fiscal studies people conclude when they reckoned he's about 90 BILLION short in his sums.

90 BILLION POUNDS

Our kids will be paying that off for generations. Add up the horrific deficit the Commies always manage to lump the country with and union lead rule over pensions and welfare, the 500 billion pound PFI legacy which still hasn't been realised yet by the mouthbreathers (those shiny new schools and hospitals Blair built still need paying for) and I reckon that 12 billion is loose change down the side of the couch by comparison.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the current government have borrowed more in 5 years than the previous government did in 13.

Edited by Redmond

• Site Supporter

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the current government have borrowed more in 5 years than the previous government did in 13.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the current government inherited an economic disaster and the previous government did not.

To sort out the car crash they inherited.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the current government inherited an economic disaster and the previous government did not.

You mean the Global Economic Crisis caused by irresponsible banking practices? Banks who were bailed out under Gordon Brown, potentially avoiding an even bigger disaster? What do you think the Conservatives would've done in that position? Let the banks die?

I will try and put it in simple terms for you so you understand.

You know when your wife has signed up to shitloads of credit cards and spunked it up the wall on fuck knows what, filled a spare room with clothes she's never going to wear from the catalogue lady, and got the builder to put a huge extension on the side of the house which he's being paid for over a 50 year deal costing 8 times its real value, the debts need to be serviced somehow.

Except she also spent the savings you trusted her to keep in the knicker draw when you were earning decent coin. There's also some dodgy blokes knocking on the door with court orders to seize anything of value unless you pay up some cash. Like now.

You then got laid off and took a job on half the money you were used to.

So you're a bit fucked.

The solution starts with cutting the cards up and paying it back as best as you can whilst at the same time trying to pay the mortgage. If you remortgage or swap the debt to low interest cards then it's the first step to a long painful path of recovery. Not ideal but you're options are limited.

At the same time the wife is moaning daily because she's now in lidl instead of waitrose and the kids don't get to go on the school skiing trip with Tarquin and Lilly (who's father is a bastards working for the RBS, but such is life). She's got less money in her purse but your slowly eating into the mess and your hard work is being noticed so your wage is slowly creeping back up so the ratio of what you earn to what you have to pay out is getting better than it was.

You're still a cunt because you chopped up the credit cards and she's stopped piping you off until you buy her a new handbag. You're response is to carry on having a morning wank in the shower instead.

The solution ends with never trusting the daft bitch with money again until she's proven to be sensible with it. And even then you'll always have one eye on her.