Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It was evident when this happened and was allowed to happen 

598f483e6b84a.image.jpg

In Virginia 2017 Unite the Right rally. This shouldn’t be happening in this day and age. 

There was a slightly strange Charlottesville thread on here.. It ended up getting locked  :D

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I wouldn't call it a bandwagon

but I wouldn't normally assume a white killing a black or vice versa is a racist killing either

it's easier for us to be pragmatic in our thinking as white lads in the UK though, but white police killing unarmed black men is commonplace in the US

stats have shown they are 2.5 more times likely to be killed by police than white - of course, there's a whole underbelly of stats relating to crime that may give other reasons why, but try telling that to a black man, particulary one who has seen the video we've all seen of what happened

likewise, I don't think automatically muslim killing someone is a religious killing, unless they are trying to do it en masse and shout alu akhbar before they do it - then you just think "it probably is, because it's happened plenty times before" - the circumstances under which it happens sort of prejudice your (well my) view

there's no room for cool heads in the states right now anyway

Stats also show that many of the coppers are also black so I suppose that takes away the racist view 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Stats also show that many of the coppers are also black so I suppose that takes away the racist view 

not really when stats show the vast majority or police officers are white

unless you have some stats on the actual number of black killings in relation to black officers?

I was having this argument on Facebook the other day. In my opinion - black people are more likely to be shot and killed because they're more likely to live in a poor neighborhood and less likely to have access to opportunities and therefore more likely to be involved in crime - and therefore more likely to get shot by some knobhead copper reacting to that crime.

I find it really hard to believe that this copper decided to asphyxiate this poor bloke simply because he was black. If someone can dig up some evidence that proves otherwise - I'll happily change my mind. 

• Moderators
Just now, kent_white said:

I was having this argument on Facebook the other day. In my opinion - black people are more likely to be shot and killed because they're more likely to live in a poor neighborhood and less likely to have access to opportunities and therefore more likely to be involved in crime - and therefore more likely to get shot by some knobhead copper reacting to that crime.

I find it really hard to believe that this copper decided to asphyxiate this poor bloke simply because he was black. If someone can dig up some evidence that proves otherwise - I'll happily change my mind. 

Oh aye, i always maintain that most of time it's a societal issue over racism, it's just unfortunate for them most are at the bottom of the ladder without much hope of climbing it

Any actual proof of racism will have to wait till the trial

Until then, I'll just try and think of other reasons why he knelt on an unarmed guys neck for 9 minutes whilst he pleased and choked to death

Brutality first, racism second, am yet to think of a 3rd

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Maybe just maybe, having your knee in the guys back (with your hands in your pockets) with the guys hands handcuffed behind his neck and saying he cant breath for 8 1/2 minutes  while at the same time two officers are also holding him down, all this for apparently handing over a fake $20 dollar bill in a store, could just be considered  as a bit racist

Edited by tyldesley_white

2 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Maybe just maybe, having your knee in the guys back (with your hands in your pockets) with the guys hands handcuffed behind his neck and saying he cant breath for 8 1/2 minutes  while at the same time two officers are also holding him down, all this for apparently handing over a fake $20 dollar bill in a store, could just be considered  as a bit racist

Yup

That and black folk are disproportionately killed when they've done fuck all wrong.

The issue isn't that black criminals are getting killed whilst in the act of committing crime it's that people just living their life are being killed.

5 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

There's literally nothing racist about what you've just described. What you've described is police brutality. 

If the same thing happened while they were calling him a nigger. Or some footage emerged of the officer at a neo-nazi rally. Then I'd be saying something different. 

• Members

If the consequences aren’t there when a cop wrongly kills a civilian regardless of the colour it will keep happening.

Put cops in area with poverty and crime rates and minorities will get killed and they know they will still keep their jobs

The system is corrupt. And unfortunately a scapegoat needs to be made.

4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Yup

That and black folk are disproportionately killed when they've done fuck all wrong.

The issue isn't that black criminals are getting killed whilst in the act of committing crime it's that people just living their life are being killed.

You can't just make the assumption that that's what happened here without any evidence. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If the consequences aren’t there when a cop wrongly kills a civilian regardless of the colour it will keep happening.

Put cops in area with poverty and crime rates and minorities will get killed and they know they will still keep their jobs

The system is corrupt. And unfortunately a scapegoat needs to be made.

I learned about this case today. Equally horrific - but doesn't fit the narrative so therefore no international media coverage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/USA/USA-Update/2014/0114/Kelly-Thomas-case-why-police-were-acquitted-in-killing-of-homeless-man

• Members
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I learned about this case today. Equally horrific - but doesn't fit the narrative so therefore no international media coverage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/USA/USA-Update/2014/0114/Kelly-Thomas-case-why-police-were-acquitted-in-killing-of-homeless-man

Yeah saw that earlier, absolutely horrific and unbelievable that they were acquitted because they called it training. 

I agree with you though Kent, If they raid the coppers computer and find a load of white power and I hate niggers  all over it then fair enough, but until it does, it’s Police brutality which caused murder, doesn’t make it racist, yet. 
It'll be interesting to see how they rule his death and whether other things contributed to it. 

40 minutes ago, kent_white said:

There's literally nothing racist about what you've just described. What you've described is police brutality. 

If the same thing happened while they were calling him a nigger. Or some footage emerged of the officer at a neo-nazi rally. Then I'd be saying something different. 

Are you aware of a racist incident is in this country?

58 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Police brutality for sure but I get the feeling it was as a result of institutional racism.  US cops often seem to go in gung ho but particularly so in poorer communities and when the suspect is of colour. 

8 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Only the famous ones

Badly worded by me, sorry. 

"any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person."

In the UK if Tyldesleywhite were to report his belief then a racist incident would be recorded  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

You can't just make the assumption that that's what happened here without any evidence. 

But you can understand why the blacks have kicked off again (well I can) and in a country with the track record that the states has, I'm equally not surprised at what conclusions are drawn

Maybe it is just police brutality

However

A database collected by The Guardian concluded that 1093 people in 2016 were killed by the police. The rate of fatal police shootings per million was 10.13 for Native Americans, 6.6 for Black people, 3.23 for Hispanics; 2.9 for White people and 1.17 for Asians. The database showed by total that white people, who make up 62% of the US population, were most frequently killed by police than any other race or ethnicity. According to the Washington Post database of police shootings, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be killed by a police officer than white people.[31][32] A 2015 study found that unarmed blacks were 3.49 times more likely to be shot by police than were unarmed whites.[33] Another study published in 2016 concluded that the mortality rate of legal interventions among Black and Hispanic people was 2.8 and 1.7 times higher than that among White people. Another 2015 study concluded that black people were 2.8 times more likely to be killed by police than whites. They also concluded that black people were more likely to be unarmed than white people who were in turn more likely to be unarmed than Hispanic people shot by the police.[34][35] A 2018 study in the American Journal of Public Health found the mortality rate by police per 100,000 was 1.9 to 2.4 for black men, 0.8 to 1.2 for Hispanic men and 0.6 to 0.7 for white men.[36]

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

not really when stats show the vast majority or police officers are white

unless you have some stats on the actual number of black killings in relation to black officers?

There was a documentary on not long back which backed up a report that had been released, basically it was highlighting that many black and Hispanic officers work in the down town areas and resulted in many black and Hispanics being shot by “their own to speak”

16 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Back to The Don for a moment, I was just looking at the US Election odds. He and Biden are both evens. In fact, Skybet are offering 11/10 for Trump to win the election.

Biden and Trump are both 2.16 on the exchange

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

But you can understand why the blacks have kicked off again (well I can) and in a country with the track record that the states has, I'm equally not surprised at what conclusions are drawn

Maybe it is just police brutality

However

A database collected by The Guardian concluded that 1093 people in 2016 were killed by the police. The rate of fatal police shootings per million was 10.13 for Native Americans, 6.6 for Black people, 3.23 for Hispanics; 2.9 for White people and 1.17 for Asians. The database showed by total that white people, who make up 62% of the US population, were most frequently killed by police than any other race or ethnicity. According to the Washington Post database of police shootings, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be killed by a police officer than white people.[31][32] A 2015 study found that unarmed blacks were 3.49 times more likely to be shot by police than were unarmed whites.[33] Another study published in 2016 concluded that the mortality rate of legal interventions among Black and Hispanic people was 2.8 and 1.7 times higher than that among White people. Another 2015 study concluded that black people were 2.8 times more likely to be killed by police than whites. They also concluded that black people were more likely to be unarmed than white people who were in turn more likely to be unarmed than Hispanic people shot by the police.[34][35] A 2018 study in the American Journal of Public Health found the mortality rate by police per 100,000 was 1.9 to 2.4 for black men, 0.8 to 1.2 for Hispanic men and 0.6 to 0.7 for white men.[36]

Again - I agree. But I'd argue that correlation relates more closely to economics than it does to skin colour. 

If affluent middle class African Americans were being shot by police at a similar ratio I'd be more inclined to believe the colour of the victim was the biggest influencing factor.