Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Moaning Old B*stards

leef78

Don't get to go to many games these games with having 2 young un's in the last couple of years, but go when I can. 

Mrs bought me a couple of tickets for Burnley and Ipswich at home as a package on the cheap. I normally sit in the North upper with my little one these days and used to sit in west stand lower via entrance A.

I was sat in West lower on saturday Block D and it was like dads fucking army! I applauded the team out and was told by a coffin dodger not to clap "high" as he can't see the away end? WTF, then the bloke to the right of me (another coffin dodger) told me if we score could I stay sat down so he can see and don't lean forward when we attack etc!! Stay sat down if we score?? I asked if he was joking, he said no!. Needless to say when we scored I went wild and when I sat down he told me I'd ruined it for him. He also had a go at a bloke and his 4 year old daughter for standing cheering after we scored!? What the fuck has happened to us! or am I just in the wrong place. Dreading Ipswich now because of those miserable cunts! 

I got the same reaction from fastidious dick last week. A grandad told me to sit down and curb my language in front of his granddaughter. Fuck off! I've been behaving like this for decades. And when some bloke who I have never seen before tells me to stop it I take exception to it. Anyway, I told him to go to another cinema if he didn't like it here, and I carried on eating my popcorn and throwing it up in the air.

Don't get to go to many games these games with having 2 young un's in the last couple of years, but go when I can. 

Mrs bought me a couple of tickets for Burnley and Ipswich at home as a package on the cheap. I normally sit in the North upper with my little one these days and used to sit in west stand lower via entrance A.

I was sat in West lower on saturday Block D and it was like dads fucking army! I applauded the team out and was told by a coffin dodger not to clap "high" as he can't see the away end? WTF, then the bloke to the right of me (another coffin dodger) told me if we score could I stay sat down so he can see and don't lean forward when we attack etc!! Stay sat down if we score?? I asked if he was joking, he said no!. Needless to say when we scored I went wild and when I sat down he told me I'd ruined it for him. He also had a go at a bloke and his 4 year old daughter for standing cheering after we scored!? What the fuck has happened to us! or am I just in the wrong place. Dreading Ipswich now because of those miserable cunts! 

Tell them to fuck off. 

Seriously, tell them.

You see I have some sympathy for the coffin Dodgers here, they clearly turn up each week because it is part of the ground where folk do not jump up, so as dull as it may sound it does ruin their day when someone turns up and starts jumping up. My old man struggles to stand up so people jumping up get in his way, he does not moan at them but it mustiness him off.

I do not think we should be stopping people jumping up but with at least half the ground being empty is it so hard to allocate people seats to people buying for one or two games in other areas ? We sit ESL and never/ heard seen any problems and there are plenty of spare seats.

We have few enough fans these days without pissing each other off.

Leef in no way saying you were out of order just needs the club to understand their different customers. If you had been told this was a sitting or quiet area you should have been given the option to sit somewhere else.

Fair comment Ani, I can understand it a little better now. I've sat in a good few areas of ground, but I've never been told not to celebrate if we score. I was up on feet for maybe 20 seconds. there were other seats dotted around, but I did feel like I was in dads army territory wherever I went. I'll just wait 5 mins or so after kick off and go and find an empty end seat, can't piss off anyone then. I was just really surprised by it all to be honest and thought it was a wind up. 

Cheers

I prefer to go ESL, but if I take my 10 yr daughter, we go elsewhere.

She can't see in ESL, as everyone stands up, but rather than moan about it, we just move.

There are usually at least 10,000 other seats to sit in.

Edited by Traf

You see I have some sympathy for the coffin Dodgers here, they clearly turn up each week because it is part of the ground where folk do not jump up, so as dull as it may sound it does ruin their day when someone turns up and starts jumping up. My old man struggles to stand up so people jumping up get in his way, he does not moan at them but it mustiness him off.

I do not think we should be stopping people jumping up but with at least half the ground being empty is it so hard to allocate people seats to people buying for one or two games in other areas ? We sit ESL and never/ heard seen any problems and there are plenty of spare seats.

We have few enough fans these days without pissing each other off.

Leef in no way saying you were out of order just needs the club to understand their different customers. If you had been told this was a sitting or quiet area you should have been given the option to sit somewhere else.

An awful lot of sense spoken there.

Row Z it is! Nobody can moan then.

Hows things Traf, last we spoke I got me banned :)

Row Z it is! Nobody can moan then.

Hows things Traf, last we spoke I got me banned :)

Row Z is great. But fook right off, you're not having my seat. ???? Edited by Rembrandt

• Site Supporter

This is why we should have a stand with unreserved seats so like minded folk can jump up shout swear and sing. I sit in east lower right in middle hardly any fucker sings except me, suppose folk used to me now so don't get ear ache of anyone.

There's a bit of noise from 5 or so rows further back but I agree, some boring sods round there. Passion is not in their make up

The whole ground is quiet, but the young lads in 'crazy corner' still get slagged off on here, and they are the only ones who make any noise

It can get quite rowdy in the ESLSC when the tvs switch themselves off too.