Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

So, the 2008/09 season roughly?

Kind of ties in with the kids of that time starting to break through over the last season or so then?

If we're also going to be honest about it, most managers would normally go out & try to buy success rather than turning to their academies?

I don't think you can blame Phillips for that!

The next few years will quantify your opinion or not.

No I'm not dismissing any ideas of managers but the idea of promoting somebody from within just because they know the club is ridiculous

What is Jimmy's set of results as manager including the time he took over after Coyle went?

Jimmy took over a car crash things have steadily improved despite losing feeney and being without a number of experienced pros like Madine, Spearing, Dervite, dumping Moxey while giving debuts to some academy pros like Maher, Garrat, Newell, the list of managers looking at the job don't impress me, and all will require more wages and long contracts than Jimmy. The more I think of it the more I like it.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Jimmy took over a car crash things have steadily improved despite losing feeney and being without a number of experienced pros like Madine, Spearing, Dervite, dumping Moxey while giving debuts to some academy pros like Maher, Garrat, Newell, the list of managers looking at the job don't impress me, and all will require more wages and long contracts than Jimmy. The more I think of it the more I like it.

Experienced pros like Madine, spearing , dervite, and moxey ???

Put down the fucking crack pipe

This new bloke, Anderson. Alarm bells are going off already. Why start off with bullshit that immediately points to not believing a word he says. We had enough crap/spin from the last lot. That first interview saying we were down to 3 candidates, then the programme notes saying the next manager is 'set'. Now we are told the situation is 'fluid'. Ummm. Think it's utter bollocks that Davies got the best deal for the club, might have been the only deal but these new lot haven't got a pot to piss in.

This new bloke, Anderson. Alarm bells are going off already. Why start off with bullshit that immediately points to not believing a word he says. We had enough crap/spin from the last lot. That first interview saying we were down to 3 candidates, then the programme notes saying the next manager is 'set'. Now we are told the situation is 'fluid'. Ummm. Think it's utter bollocks that Davies got the best deal for the club, might have been the only deal but these new lot haven't got a pot to piss in.

If it was the only deal, then it was the best deal.

They might have had it down to three but when we've gone 'we want you' they've gone 'how much' and we've not agreed a wage.

Bloke in the pub told me this was the case with Wilder. FACT, ITK and all that shit.

Steadily improved?

Kin ell mounts there's an attempt at polishing a turd if ever I've seen one.

It's just been the same old shite.

We started with the tonking at Bristol we've nearly matched Middlesborough who are arguably best team in the league, Should have drawn with Cardiff with 10 men, beat Hull, that's improvement and while losing experienced pros and replacing them with kids. No one can say JP hasn't improved performances.

You'd argue black was white, are they not experienced pros? What are they if not? Crack pipe think you've swallowed it.

So before Jimmy took over what had Madine, spearing etc done as experienced pros to convince you that they'd could have been an asset?

We started with the tonking at Bristol we've nearly matched Middlesborough who are arguably best team in the league, Should have drawn with Cardiff with 10 men, beat Hull, that's improvement and while losing experienced pros and replacing them with kids. No one can say JP hasn't improved performances.

It's not been any different all season mate.

We've done just enough to get beat most weeks. Last minute goals, silly mistakes after being on top etc.

We've only been properly stuffed 3 or 4 times, that's been the most frustrating thing.

Our season finished at Bristol. Judging a managers tenure based on nothing games is a dangerous game.

Id rather a bloke come in with experience of this division. Now isn't the time for experiments.

It's not been any different all season mate.

We've done just enough to get beat most weeks. Last minute goals, silly mistakes after being on top etc.

We've only been properly stuffed 3 or 4 times, that's been the most frustrating thing.

Our season finished at Bristol. Judging a managers tenure based on nothing games is a dangerous game.

Id rather a bloke come in with experience of this division. Now isn't the time for experiments.

Experience is one thing what we need is winning experience, I'm not sure who fits that bill on our budget, (I'm now sure we won't get the manager we need) the one I'd want we should have got in January, but we couldn't afford him then or now, Warnock is exactly that man. Edited by Mounts Kipper

We are bog wank. About 18 poiints off safety and we had a £8m parachute payment.

Anyone who thinks we will do well next season needs their head testing

As we didn't spend the 8 million on anything but for underperforming seldom played over paid ex premier league players that part of your statement is irrelevant to our chances next season. As for the 18 points from safety that doesn't have any relevance either as we're now in league 1. If your going to be negative please make it relevant.

Philips isn't a manager. Nay chance

• Moderators

As we didn't spend the 8 million on anything but for underperforming seldom played over paid ex premier league players that part of your statement is irrelevant to our chances next season. As for the 18 points from safety that doesn't have any relevance either as we're now in league 1. If your going to be negative please make it relevant.

It is relevant, we still have alot of those over paid, under performing players.

18 points is also relevant, it shows we are a wank team

It is relevant, we still have alot of those over paid, under performing players.

18 points is also relevant, it shows we are a wank team

The most relvant thing for next season is what players we will be left with on August 6th if we had current squad less the out of contracts I think we will go close. What and who we have left no one has a clue at present.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

We just need to keep hold of our youngsters like Clough, Holding, Vela, Threlkeld, Maher and sign a handful of experienced players(frees) and maybe a handful of cheap loans and bring in a manager of League 1 experience like a Cotterill and we'll be fine for next season, we might not go up, but we should have a team that'll give it a go.

The hard part is getting rid of Amos, Moxey, Dervite, Pratley, Trotter, Spearing, Mavies etc.

* still a bit on the fence about Madine, can't stand the guy, but decent record in this league.

Edited by Blondi

• Site Supporter

Is where I'm at ATM