Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chairman Speaks

Thorpey

• Site Supporter

A few points

KA: We expect our squad to be 23-24 players next season with a few younger players there to support them. #BWFC

KA: I've given my word there will be no redundancies for at least a month as we look where we are. #BWFC

KA: The fans need answers. There is a lot of press speculation. We wanted to tell the fans what we think and what we want to achieve. #BWFC

KA: We've got three candidates left for the managerial position. Hopefully people will be very happy with who we choose to appoint. #BWFC

Edited by superjohnmcginlay

Surprised to hear we have already identified which players we want to bring in on loan.

Thought that would be down to the new manager

Don't think it's that unusual these days tbh. Spurs & Liverpool in the prem had that guy Damien Comoli who identified their players and I'd imagine a similar thing probably happens in all leagues.

Did he say anything about how they are going to deal with the shortfall of cost V income ?

Surely any manager thinking of coming in would want to understand the finances ?

They have a financial plan in place but part of that plan is redundancies part of that plan is losing high earners and part of the plan is loaning premier league clubs kids. In other words no.???? Edited by Mounts Kipper

No shit Sherlock ! The high earners who remain under contract for another year may get fixed up elsewhere on similiar contracts but I strongly suspect they wont. In order to offload Wanderers will need to compromise but every club in the land is aware of the financial shit we are in and will play hardball and will not be doing us any favours to assist in reducing the wage bill..

If the likes of Davies and Wheater choose to stay and pick up the money then perhaps the new regime will adopt the same policy as Wolves where Kenny Jackett, or his gaffers, put Roger Johnson and Jamie O`Hara on gardening leave when they refused to accept a pay cut. They too were on Premiership salaries but playing third tier football.  

The take over was sanctioned so some kind of business plan must be in place but I fear it will be kids on £500 - £1000 per week plus the high earners we are stuck swallowing up the budget leaving no funds for new players. Alternatively we sell Zach Clough to pay Mavies wages! 

There must be a way of making things really difficult for mavies. I do not like him at all in any which way.Absolute tosser supreme.

The problem is that players have no loyalty to clubs and if they can sit there and pick up a huge salary for doing fcuk all then they will. Put yourself in a similar position. Your boss can't afford your wages of £600 pw and can find you a job at another firm for half the money. Your contract says that he has to pay you full wages until the end of it. Would you stay or go?

The problem is that players have no loyalty to clubs and if they can sit there and pick up a huge salary for doing fcuk all then they will. Put yourself in a similar position. Your boss can't afford your wages of £600 pw and can find you a job at another firm for half the money. Your contract says that he has to pay you full wages until the end of it. Would you stay or go?

If my employers had paid me handsomely for a decade, even though I'd been off sick for most of that time and done the bare minimum when I did turn up to work I'd do everything in my power to at least make it easier on them when they eventually came a cropper with their finances.

If it meant by staying I could have made my company insolvent I'd have gone.

If I had been unjustly been the highest earner at my company and played a major part in its catastrophic demise to nearly going bust and making people on the national living wage redundant I'd find another job on a lesser wage. Not dig my heels in and go down with the ship.

Mark Davies is a tosser. If he had any kind of pride or respect for this football club he'd take the next offer to come in for him and get the fuck out of this football club.