Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leicester Fans . . .

madthatter

• Site Supporter

How about super fan points for the time me and 2 others set off for Port Vale away, and got as far as Kendal before realising Port Vale is in Stoke?

The driver thought it was on the coast in Cumbria and me and the other lad were too busy gunning lager and reading Amateur Photographer type magazines to pay any attention to where we were going.

A humiliating drive back to Bolton.

How about super fan points for the time me and 2 others set off for Port Vale away, and got as far as Kendal before realising Port Vale is in Stoke?

The driver thought it was on the coast in Cumbria and me and the other lad were too busy gunning lager and reading Amateur Photographer type magazines to pay any attention to where we were going.

A humiliating drive back to Bolton.

I got the train to a night game on my own once and had to change at Preston.

I got on the wrong train and ended up back in Blackpool.

I just went home and listened to it on the radio.

Not as many points as the first game after league cup final 95 on the Tuesday night there.

We won 1-0 Alan Thompson iirc.

That was the night County Ground Voice got sacked for calling the ref a cheat over the tannoy after McMahon was sent off for a ridiculous tackle.

I went, though Superfan points are deducted coz I only set off from Southampton. Still owe Swindon the money for the tickets, too.

Downhill via the champions league

I'd take it

And the variation in the seedings now comes in.

The first pot will be the CL holders plus the champions of Spain, Germany, England, Italy, Portugal, France and Russia.

Otherwise Leicester would have been in the fourth pot.

It's an absolute brilliant storey but seeing headlines saying it's the greatest sporting achievement of all time seems a bit far fetched

I was thinking the same but then I'm trying to think of the greatest sporting achievement of all time and I'm struggling.

There'll be loads. Greece winning the euros was good, maybe not on par with this, and read about how Montpellier won the league in France a few years ago. Across all sports I bet there are storeys like this

France is a one team league nowadays. It's only really ever been on a par with Scotland so I can't see that being in the same league as a team who just survived relegation, made up of cheap buys and journey men winning the richest league in the world.

It's a fucking ace storey. Just miss out the perfect storm of Chelsea, city and united having off seasons in the same year (I missed arsenal as they are perennial chokers).

Think what makes this so special is that's not a 12 round boxing match or 3 day golf event, they've been fucking amazing for a full season and barely even faltered.

In cup competitions you can dodge opponents and get lucky on the day etc.

This has been a Complete team effort from August to May. They've been a joy to watch with it too.

It's the best sporting achievement in my Lifetime easy.

Edited by gonzo

I'm not saying it's not an ace storey and i wish Leicester all the best. I used to live there so have some affinity. But I don't get why it's being described as the greatest sporting acievement.

The signings of ulloja and the Croatian bloke who never plays must have topped 20m so they've not done it quite on the cheap.

I'm not denying that is an ace achievement but the greatest sporting moment?

True super fan points must be the fans who did the 2nd away Italian game in the Anglo Italian cup, was it Ancona? Still not met anyone who went other than Ruth.I wasn't there so no points for me.

Give us a chance of Pisa or Ancona away now and we'd take millions

• Moderators

Bournemouth going from league 2 to premier league and surviving is another great achievement.

They fucked fair play off, Leicester went into administration and magically re-emerged. I hope they both end up in League Two (with Bury and Wigan obvs).

I'm not saying it's not an ace storey and i wish Leicester all the best. I used to live there so have some affinity. But I don't get why it's being described as the greatest sporting acievement.

The signings of ulloja and the Croatian bloke who never plays must have topped 20m so they've not done it quite on the cheap.

I'm not denying that is an ace achievement but the greatest sporting moment?

Can you name a better one? I honestly cant

• Moderators

They fucked fair play off, Leicester went into administration and magically re-emerged. I hope they both end up in League Two (with Bury and Wigan obvs).

aye

good old leicester

wonder if theyll pay their bills