Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

11:59 Pm...

Youri McAnespie

This might have been discussed on here previously but, the thread title refers to the fact all public transport from Manchester to Bolton now ceases around this time...

Trains, bus replacements, number 8, 36, 37...

What a load of fucking bollocks, we can schlep to Manchester packed like cattle for £7 a pop of a morning, to tip up to the Treasury, but we can suck their dick if we think we can have any leisure of an evening or weekend.

Utter bollocks.

(thinly veiled 'I don't get out much these days').

Edited by Youri McAnespie

This might have been discussed on here previously but, the thread title refers to the fact all public transport from Manchester to Bolton now ceases around this time...

Trains, bus replacements, number 8, 36, 37...

What a load of fucking bollocks, we can schlep to Manchester packed like cattle for £7 a pop of a morning, to tip up to the Treasury, but we can suck their dick if we think we can have any leisure of an evening or weekend.

Utter bollocks.

(thinly veiled 'I don't get out much these days').

one of the reasons that puts me off going to Manchester now. I enjoy exploring a lot of other towns/cities instead

It's a poor do, the very last thing Bolton needs is something that reinforces parochialism - like this...

I reckon it'll move more youngsters to simply relocate there, when the choice is taxis or nights out running the gauntlet of kickings amongst bonegnawing 'coke' addled 'roidheads and ('roidhead) ' ammah gee man' at home...

Piss poor.

For the desperate, the last Metrolink to Bury of a weekend is 1am ish, get off at Radcliffe and home is closer I suppose, but a lot of pissing about and not much saved either (after a taxi from here).

Northern fucking Powerhouse - enjoy the night tube, cuntos.

For the odd night out for oldies, especially two or more then a taxi for £25 ain't so bad.

What about the yoot?

When I last had a life, around thirty, I was out on average twice a week, most of the folk I associated with lived in Manc, taxis would have added up when afters until the first train wasn't an option...

It's compounded by the utter piss take in the mornings and with the afternoon peak time to boot.

Being an owd twat these days, me and other wrinklies stick to afternoon sessions these days, beer for a few hours, restaurant at 5pm and on the bus home at 7pm.

My kind of day too.

Wouldn't care less if I never went in poulton at night again. Love it in the day though.

Being an owd twat these days, me and other wrinklies stick to afternoon sessions, beer for a few hours, restaurant at 5pm and on the bus home at 7pm.

That's me as well. Even though I live in Manc I'm into town at 3.30/4.00, few hours on the lash, meal at 7.30/8.00, leave at 9.30 when all the dickheads starting piling in, back home watching the TV at 10.00

Its an absolute piss take. The hourly number 8 from Manchester through the night at weekend was the last hope of rescue many times in town, dangerous not having that there now.

Extreme annoyance also when I come out of a shift at Arena past 23:30 and the driver of the very last 8 bus at 00:00 comes out of Shudehill and thinks fuck this I cant be arsed with the roadworkds outside Urbis I'll just bypass the lot and miss out Victoria. Took 4 months to get a refund for the taxi out of First Bus last time!

• Moderators

Public transport is dogshit. The tram from Alty to Manchester takes half an hour.

Was reading that In the 70s you could get a train from Hale to Oxford Rd in 13 mins.

Progress eh?

think the trams are decent myself, be pushed to get to altrincham from the city centre in less than that driving

in general though, I hate trains and national rail and all that

think the trams are decent myself, be pushed to get to altrincham from the city centre in less than that driving

in general though, I hate trains and national rail and all that

The main problem with public transport is the public. I no longer have the patience for sitting next to fucking halfwits.

• Moderators

For me, the tram costs £4.30 after half 9, quick purchase on the app if there's a tram pulling in. Then free wifi onboard. No evening peak charges. When the second crossing is sorted it will be betterer.

The train is now fast as fuck, Bolton to Salfod Crescent. Unless you stop at every stop on the way... But they've jacked the price up again, and there's an evening peak from 4pm to 6.30pm. It's a no brainer.