Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

David Lloyd

kent_white

Fuckin ell I thought the £36pm I pay at YMCA was steep!

Little Henry Loyd that used to post on here goes to David Loyd, He said its full of filthy rayguns snotting all over the gaff and washing their feet in the sinks.

Are you still a member of Uncle Brians Gym?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal trainer used to work there and said it's a rip off, that's why he left, they don't give a fuck about the person only the money

I've never been to a gym where I felt anybody actually gave a shit - with the exception of Waterloo St. None of the chain gyms could care less whether you even turn up providing your subs are being paid.

Used to go to one round lever street, a real back street type gym, rough as fuck but had everything you needed and was about £12 a month

There's one round here called bulldogz. With a Z.

They have a massive picture on the wall to show you how and where to inject safely.

My mate went in and dropped his weight directly on a big roid heads protein shake. Spattered him all over his gold gyms vest and face :D

There's one round here called bulldogz. With a Z.

They have a massive picture on the wall to show you how and where to inject safely.

My mate went in and dropped his weight directly on a big roid heads protein shake. Spattered him all over his gold gyms vest and face :D

That sounds like a sketch out of Suicidal Syd in Viz :D

Whitt isn't wrong about Peg-Leg's cesspit at Burnden..Joined when it first opened, was like a new pin, a quality stairmaster machine and a tidy blonde Polish girl on the staff, though she spurned my overtures in favour of remaining with some big lummox boyfriend from the old country - the bloke more-or-less lived in the place to keep tabs on her, anyway I digress...

Stuck it out there about two years although it went to the fucking dogs very quickly, largely due to inadequate levels of cleaning and maintenance staff, no disinfectant sprays/paper towels etc. for customers to use, but largely due to fucking animalistic behaviour from mainly asian chavs but also a good smattering of white British and eastern european brothers in scumminess...Gobbing in the steam room and showers, glass protein bottles left in stupid places (like the steam room), folk training in work/street clothes, folk stinking the gaff up shitting and with poor hygiene, shaving in steam room etc.

The last machine I'd use in my routine was an ab machine, the type with a pad across the chest - caught fucking ringworm off the cunt...Was already pissed off with the place so paid up a month in cash, told them about the scummy conditions and the fungus and told them to stick it up their arse (the remaining few months of the membership). They wouldn't hear a word of it, it was clean etc. Everyone else was happy and I was a cunt...

About two months later the place was in the BEN for filthiness and a conjunctivitis outbreak - shithole, unless standards have improved, and pissing in plugholes would suggest they ain't - I wouldn't go there for free.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

So I was considering changing gyms to Burnden from Castlefield as I only live round the corner. After Youri's review I think I'll leave it!

Aside from the filth and scum, nothing gets my goat more than knobheads doing "workouts" in street clothes and/or sitting on machines doing nothing but pissing about with their phones

Thursday is wrestling day at YMCA, on this day the eastern European and middle eastern men after wrestling come to the sauna to massage eachother and practice their moves.

If Helio cannot replicate these sounds of gentlemen's wet, bare skin slapping together to the soundtrack of grunting and approval, I'm out.