deane koontz

• Members

what the fcuk are you on about

yet again, you're missing the point by a mile

micky suggested the muzzies arent doing enough to stop crimes by their own

so, i asked him what hes doing to prevent crimes by his ilk, whiteys

it aint difficult, even for you

maybe your coloured mate could help you understand

.....and which 'coloured mate' would that be? I have plenty which must really fuck with your perceptions. Had a few beers with my Sri Lankan neighbour Saj only last night.

What the fuck I am on about is that it is you who brings things down to black and white, No one else and yet Abu Al Walshaw accuses everyone else of this;

Maybe your PLO supporting mate could help you understand?

Preparing for a course requiring business casual, perchance

Did he mention socks?

No but his local pub landlord said he wasn't a terrorist back then just a mentalist who glassed another patron.

He went to prison got out and started hammering coke while reading the Koran.

Whatever floats your boat...

• Members

agreed

but you cant report what you dont know

theres a definite inference every time theres one of these atrocities that millions of muzzies knew it was coming and said nowt

Inference!!!!???? Your arguments are all based on perceived inference? FFS.

• Members

This is where I don't understand you or Gonzo as far as I know nobody on here has said all muslims are guilty, the point is we have a real problem here in the UK it needs to be said that some Moslems are a problem due to their religious beliefs and these beliefs do not fit into our way of life. it needs to be openly discussed it needs to be brought out into the public domain enough of this PC bollocks for fear of upsetting Moslems the government needs to address this matter while making sure it is not used as a stick to beat every Moslem with by Neanderthal racists.

Don't even try. The Jo Cox reference is yet another diversionary tactic to attempt to shut down discussion on an issue which makes them feel uncomfortable.

All the platitudes, diversionary tactics, 'inferences' or 'ist' word accusations in the world will not change the facts. Wherever Moslems are in the western world, we see 'home grown' terrorists committing atrocities. You could bring up any of the thousands of indigenous on indigenous murders throughout Europe over the last decade and they would have as much relevance to this discussion - a big fat zero.

It is a cancer which needs to be cut out. Like all of you and the superb intelligence and defence experts we have, I have no fucking idea how to do it but increasing the pool from which this evil emerges would seem to be the most illogical thing anyone could countenance.

• Members

I'm not saying he hasn't been radicalised. He was born a Christian according to reports. And there is a suggestion he was possibly converted and radicalised whilst in prison. The point I'm making is even if it was part of an evil plot, with other radicalised nutjobs, it doesn't in any way suggest to me there was a massive cover up amongst the wider Muslim community. In fact quite the opposite. It looks like nobody who knew him, had much clue what he was up to. It is exactly the same as saying lots of English men must have known about the bloke who killed Jo Cox. Especially Brexit voting little Englanders. They should have reported his plans. 

The problem with the language you are using is, that it suggests, that Muslims, are, as a homogeneous group, a problem. All guilty to some extent or another. Yes there are some good ones, but they should do more. 

That sort of rhetoric is fundamentally wrong. The problem is the nutjobs who attach themselves to a religion or ideology in the name of violence. Or the nutjobs who are so radicalised by a religion or ideology that they commit violence. These are the issue, not a whole religious community. If you cannot see that then, you, are also part of the problem.

A great example of why things will likely get far worse before they get better,.

• Members

Firstly you tried to insinuate that being Muslim means you either co-operate with radicals or are too scared to report them. Secondly you seemed to suggest it is the religion itself which is the problem, rather than doing what a rational person would and disassociate the underlying religion from the terrorist factions that operate in its name. That language and rhetoric. 

It IS that religion which is the problem!!!! Will never fully integrate with western society and seeks to dominate.

When you look at the lifestyle and advancement of the Middle East, isn't that an appetising thought.

• Members

How many of you slagged off or hated the Irish for what the IRA did? Just asking.

Of the Republican variety - me.

Others sound though as those who enjoy Cheltenham or Aintree week will attest.

Edited by bolty58

Not sure what more they can do to open up their culture.

The vast majority would welcome visits to mosques etc.

Are there issues unique to sections of the asian/Muslim communities yes there are and the only way to sort them out is make sure the 2nd/3rd generations are taught our secular way of doing things (not Christian as we are not a Christian country) rather than the backwards teachings of the mad mullahs back east.

In Bolton you may be right, Frank.  I wouldn't say the same for Bristol or Manchester based on my experiences (but happy to be proven wrong) which makes me think nationwide/across the West Muslim communities could do more, or receive more coverage.

The latter point ends up getting a bit tin foil hat but I am inclined to believe having a perceived enemy is no accident. (which is what I was getting at with my Irish point above - those isolated atrocities/murders of innocents fulled the angst and justification for our occupation of a foreign land, essentially.  I think the same game is at play here but replace land with oil.) 

Whether they are or aren't doing good work to integrate into the majority or other cultures they really need to find a way of highlighting it for the good of the Muslim name and world perception.  

Edited by madthatter

It IS that religion which is the problem!!!! Will never fully integrate with western society and seeks to dominate.

When you look at the lifestyle and advancement of the Middle East, isn't that an appetising thought.

Does he have a point though?  

I think in the case of numpty Muslims then yes.   Not unlike numpty Brits who turn everywhere they go into a British theme pub playing OF&H non-stop :) 

It is a cancer which needs to be cut out. Like all of you and the superb intelligence and defence experts we have, I have no fucking idea how to do it but increasing the pool from which this evil emerges would seem to be the most illogical thing anyone could countenance.

If we went your way, then every Muslim is the enemy. The chances of successfully stopping future terrorists equals zero. Actually the number would increase.

The only sensible approach is to work together (all communities) so that moderate Muslims are not alienated and we can stop these radicalised nutters at source.

It's a no brainier, why would you choose the first method which can only lead to more division and would create more terrorism?

If we went your way, then every Muslim is the enemy. The chances of successfully stopping future terrorists equals zero. Actually the number would increase.

The only sensible approach is to work together (all communities) so that moderate Muslims are not alienated and we can stop these radicalised nutters at source.

It's a no brainier, why would you choose the first method which can only lead to more division and would create more terrorism?

Problem is the moderate Muslims are hated by the radical fundamental Muslims and actually blow each other up all over the Muslim world. The answer is less muslims not more however we can't do that as there here in big numbers and more want to come. Obviously the % of Muslims that want to harm our people is extremely small but the more we take in and as their population grows the larger that number will be and that's the elephant in the room and there is nothing we can do about it other than get used to more and more attacks. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Problem is the moderate Muslims are hated by the radical fundamental Muslims and actually blow each other up all over the Muslim world. The answer is less muslims not more however we can't do that as there here in big numbers and more want to come. Obviously the % of Muslims that want to harm our people is extremely small but the more we take in and as their population grows the larger that number will be and that's the elephant in the room and there is nothing we can do about it other than get used to more and more attacks.

I never said it would be easy, but what is the realistic alternative?

Correct. If all British society stands together (as per Andrew Neill's speech) we are a force that these people will never defeat. What ISIS want to do is create division so why should we let them?

Aye but the Muslim people really need to be seen to be leading this charge imo

If you think about it there isn't really a problem across the UK.  Only a few nut jobs who kill folk for God knows what reasons.  Mind you I'm sure there are a few 'old boy' Muslims from the old country types who despise many aspects of our culture, such as young lasses getting smashed in boob tubes and mini skirts.  That said, if I'd grown up in Pakistan I'd probably think the same. (not something I'd want a daughter of mine doing either tbf)

The battle is about shifting perception.  

There will always be idiots, black, brown or otherwise.  It's how we unite in response to them that matters.  

When are people going to realise the core of the Muslim faith in this country are born and bred here and as English as anyone on this board??

They are English but just follow a different religion and sometimes set of cultures. Because they don't go down the boozer and eat fry ups doesn't make them any less English and part of our society.

Making them the enemy because they don't follow traditional and outdated English values will make the problem worse.