Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parliament

deane koontz

• Members

The deputy acting Commissioner of Police, in his first press conference at the scene of the crime,  is placing a very high priority on 'assisting our Islamic community who will be feeling very vulnerable right now'. God forbid that a hijab or niqab wearer should suffer a dirty look or similar.

Five families are suffering terribly today after learning of the death of a loved one and forty odd other families are suffering to a lesser extent (some of whom may even be Islamic). Gut wrenching stuff when they were all just innocently going about their everyday business.

Forgive me if I concentrate on the latter and not give a thought to the former for a day or so.

Fair play to the Lord Mayor though whose words were far more appropriate IMO.

The linked article refers to them as stray dogs rather than lone wolves just because lone wolves sound exciting.

These folks are nutters who are being exploited by slightly cleverer nutters. The point about not branding all muslims is pretty simple. It is the idea that muslims are deemed second class around the world. If we do not differentiate between the nutters and the totally decent vast majority you simply give the clever nutters more material to encourage the thick nutters to commit acts like this.

If in the eyes of the people on the front line fighting these bastards not referring to them as Muslim terrorists and acknowledging the wider Muslim community is the right thing to do I am prepared to go with that.

• Site Supporter

The linked article refers to them as stray dogs rather than lone wolves just because lone wolves sound exciting.

These folks are nutters who are being exploited by slightly cleverer nutters. The point about not branding all muslims is pretty simple. It is the idea that muslims are deemed second class around the world. If we do not differentiate between the nutters and the totally decent vast majority you simply give the clever nutters more material to encourage the thick nutters to commit acts like this.

If in the eyes of the people on the front line fighting these bastards not referring to them as Muslim terrorists and acknowledging the wider Muslim community is the right thing to do I am prepared to go with that.

I don't think anyone with any level of education will label ALL Muslims as terrorists. I think, though, that if there are radical Muslims clever enough to convince and brainwash others into committing such atrocities then there are at least as many mainstream Muslims able to convince the same folk that their actions are not acceptable. Where are these mainstream Muslims? 

It could be that they are doing their bit to re-educate those who have become radicalised but too many are slipping the net; and I don't just mean the ones who are successful in carrying out their planned attacks, I'm talking also about the many who are foiled by the anti-terror departments.

• Moderators

Is every murder by a whitey you fault

Every rape by a whitey

Every mugging of some old dear by a whitey

Why didn't you stop it, what are you doing to prevent further wrong doing by your community

I'd hazard a guess there's plenty Muslims doing far more than you are to keep us all safe

What really pisses me off is the Policeman guarding parliament was not armed that is mental, in no other country would that happen and because of this a wife and family have lost their Husband and Dad feel so sorry for them it is gut wrenching. RIP Fella.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I don't think anyone with any level of education will label ALL Muslims as terrorists. I think, though, that if there are radical Muslims clever enough to convince and brainwash others into committing such atrocities then there are at least as many mainstream Muslims able to convince the same folk that their actions are not acceptable. Where are these mainstream Muslims?

It could be that they are doing their bit to re-educate those who have become radicalised but too many are slipping the net; and I don't just mean the ones who are successful in carrying out their planned attacks, I'm talking also about the many who are foiled by the anti-terror departments.

I get your point and like many wonder what is going on we do not see.

But let's say a young lad is being radicalised pretty sure his head is being filled with anti western thoughts is someone who is part of some high profile government supported re education task force going to be seen as a neutral voice or just the mouth piece of the enemy?

I also get Smiths point on the nature of the religion but you could argue the same about the Catholic Church suppressing child abuse charges attitude to homosexuals and women clergy. IMO all religion is divisive.

• Site Supporter

Completely agree especially at places such as The Houses of Parliament.

Doesn't have to be an MP5 or whatever the armed Police have, they could quite easily carry a sidearm if they wanted to continue the friendly approachable Police policy.

I don't think the local rural plod need to carry firearms though.

• Site Supporter

Is every murder by a whitey you fault

Every rape by a whitey

Every mugging of some old dear by a whitey

Why didn't you stop it, what are you doing to prevent further wrong doing by your community

I'd hazard a guess there's plenty Muslims doing far more than you are to keep us all safe

I have had cause to ring the terrorist hotline previously so I'm certainly doing my bit. If I suspected my neighbour was involved in any of the crimes you have listed then yes, of course I'd be saying something.

What really pisses me off is the Policeman guarding parliament was not armed that is mental, in no other country would that happen and because of this a wife and family have lost their Husband and Dad feel so sorry for them it is gut wrenching. RIP Fella.  

I wouldn't imagine the assailant would have made his attack from the front in order to give the policeman time to defend himself. It'll have done in the most cowardly way possible by sneaking up on the blindside. No amount of weaponry was going to help.

Don't all terrorists have beards? Should we be keeping a closer eye on those with beards as well now?

Will do some fishing around at my brother's house next time I'm around, make sure he's not got a secret bomb factory on the go in the back bedroom.

No surprise to hear he was known to authorities. How many are walking amongst us? It's quite depressing when you think they're allowed hate all this country stands for because of what this country stands for. We can't even send some of these buggers back because they're 'British'. I use the '' because there's areas of this country that are far from the country we know. It's time we stopped allowing people to live parallel lives here. It's a sad fucking world at times.

Indeed, Michael

Yet those crimes still occur

So, are YOU doing enough

The Muslim councils twitter clearly feed is more concerned with employers sacking people for wearing religious clothing than supporting Muslims and the British community. Some half baked statement doesn't cut it for me.

Equally the spineless social worker whitey folk prefer we unite against racism rather than showing any kind of concern for the victims or the affect on UK society of these atrocities. Not a single word.

As long as we have these yellow bellied wankers in our community blaming everyone else but the evil bastards carrying out terrorist atrocities, nothing will improve.

Hate breeds hate but there's a fucking big elephant in the room and there's too many people frightened to deal with it incase it upsets someone.

i was thinking the same

but you have them on the outside gate for the OLD BOBBY look for the Tourist I think

inside gate are the lads with guns

The policeman was ex military and serves in the parliamentary / diplomatic force

I'm surprised he wasn't armed in all honesty, you'd have thought that he was recruited for his military background / training. Perhaps he sometimes patrols with guns and sometimes without dependant on duties

• Site Supporter

The man police believe to be responsible for the terrorist attack in Westminster has been formally identified as Khalid Masood, Scotland Yard says.

Masood, aged 52, was born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands.

Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terroristattack, police say.

However, he was known to the police and had a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences.

He has not been convicted of any terrorism offences.

So another attacker was known by security officials

Is this a case of red tape and that hands are tied with the courts etc?

He was known but not for raygun/terrorist type stuff. He'd never been involved anything religion related. His stuff was all violence related apparently.....so obviously a real charmer. We can't blame our security forces on this occasion really for "not picking him up"

• Members

Just watching the copper in charge

He pretty much says stop speculating and stop asking questions as it will only hamper our work

So they carry on asking questions...stfu!

It didn't stop channel 4 news wrongly announcing his so called real name

Despite that person being in jail