Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

Really struggling with feelings of anger and hatred today.

Suppose it's what the attackers want. This was 60 minutes from my front door and somewhere I was with on Saturday and taken my kids to in the past.

Could've been any single one of us.

Suppose it's what the attackers want. This was 60 minutes from my front door and somewhere I was with on Saturday and taken my kids to in the past.

Feeling the same today mate, been there many times with my daughter.

Reading some horrific stuff now, very upsetting, especially the bit re the homeless guy who tried to help one poor girl,but she died in his arms. Bloody heartbreaking.

My best mates missus was in there last night, thank god she got home safe. I spoke to him this morning and he said he was in a right state last night trying to find her after the gig.

Also, another girl I know was just down the corridor when the bomb went off. Saw her FB post this morning about just spending the entire night with her arms round her mum in floods of tears at what she'd seen.

Just heartbreaking. How anyone could even start to believe that murdering innocent children with a bomb is the right thing to do is insane. Pure evil.

My autistic 12yr old has exams today and was in a panic this morning because she couldn't get hold of two friends who were there last night. 

Read that the exams board were happy to postpone all exams today. Not sure if that happened for your young one Traf. Seemed appropriate.

Agree. Had a meeting in Harpurhey yesterday and cut through Manchester and up past the Arena. 11 hours later it would've been total carnage there. Doesn't bare thinking about.

Daughter applied for a job there a while ago to do stewarding at gigs.... didn't get it. Thankfully.

Fuckin horrific all this but everyone needs to stick together and not start blaming each other - that is what these cunts want is to divide us decent folk.

Not many cities are as resilient as Manchester and we will come out of this stronger.

Edited by Walkden26