Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

Go and donate blood.

Am going to Traf, sadly I'm ill at the moment so been told I wont be much use until I get better.

Never given blood, which I'm ashamed of, but will make the effort even though it won't help the poor people who have been injured.

first confirmed as a 16 year old :-(

her life hadnt even begun

Sadly there'll be younger ones than her.

Heartbreaking.

My autistic 12yr old has exams today and was in a panic this morning because she couldn't get hold of two friends who were there last night. 

• Site Supporter

Am going to Traf, sadly I'm ill at the moment so been told I wont be much use until I get better.

Never given blood, which I'm ashamed of, but will make the effort even though it won't help the poor people who have been injured.

Given plenty over the years- a little light headed afterwards but worth while. Biccies are ace.

Good man.

Heartbreaking.

My autistic 12yr old has exams today and was in a panic this morning because she couldn't get hold of two friends who were there last night. 

Hope they're all OK!

Terrible news.  An act of insane cowardice.

Heartbreaking.

hope they are found safe abd well mate

There's a Give blood session at Horwich RMI on Thursday. Walk up only no appointments left.

There's a couple in Manchester today, Longsight, etc. However, just read that they are fine for blood for this incident, however would still welcome as many people as possible with O negative.

From what I can gather of one report the attacker has gone into the arena foyer/ticket office as the doors have opened at the end of the gig, so no amount of bag checks going into the arena at the start of the gig would have stopped it.

How do you plan to counter that? Mental.

50,000 people at LCC this Saturday for the Courteeners, imagine a massive police presnece should it go ahead.

Going to these matches as we all do - not even large high profile ones - where there's a crowd of a few thousand on and virtually no security checks, it only takes one determined maniac to cause devastation.

I see a lot of people being critical of the security checks at Arena and they're right to a point, but this happened at egress after the gig. Main doors open and people flood out, there's nothing to halt just one person coming the other way from the direction of the station against the flow of people.

Could hear a pin drop on the packed train into town today, absolutely awful times.

• Moderators

50,000 people at LCC this Saturday for the Courteeners, imagine a massive police presnece should it go ahead.

it has to

city centre is surreal today - roads closed, armed police everywhere, and loads of tv etc.  no one said a word on the tram in, everyone just stunned

it has to

city centre is surreal today - roads closed, armed police everywhere, and loads of tv etc.  no one said a word on the tram in, everyone just stunned

seems to be a somber atmosphere everywhere mate, even the drive in didnt feel normal this morning

these things are unfortunatley very common now, but it does feel somewhat different when it's on your doorstep

some great people in manchester though, as shown last night

they cant break us

Edited by L/H White

Mate of mine posted a picture of his daughter at her first ever concert last night.

They are safe.

I just have a total feeling of despair today. The idea that someone walks into a room full of kids to do this.

It is the most horrific thing I can ever imagine.

From what I can gather of one report the attacker has gone into the arena foyer/ticket office as the doors have opened at the end of the gig, so no amount of bag checks going into the arena at the start of the gig would have stopped it.

How do you plan to counter that? Mental.

Stop any benefits for any friends and family found to be harbouring him for a start.

When people start losing money and their homes due to harbouring lunatics people will be more incentivized to inform the authorities about them.

• Site Supporter

Stop any benefits for any friends and family found to be harbouring him for a start.

When people start losing money and their homes due to harbouring lunatics people will be more incentivized to inform the authorities about them.

or persuaded to join them in exchange for support?

shit just aint that simple unfortunately.