Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Black Puddings

embankment

• Site Supporter

Went through a phase of making my own black pudding. Got a recipe from internet and popped down to the butchers for the ingredients. He refused to sell me any fresh blood as he said that it was too complicated to order due to some regs at the abbatoir.  According to him loads of Goth/devil worshipper types used to buy it and mix with Merlot for their odd rituals, so it was too much bother for him to get me any but said you could buy dried which came with spices already added to deter any blending. How much of that I believe I wasn't prepared to consider, but this was Blaydon after all.

So I bought the pork fat and a few other herbs/onions etc and boiled up my mix with the dried blood and poured it into skins he gave me.

After chilling them for several days I then sliced and cooked the resulting pudding. Texture was a bit soft but just about held itself together.

It tasted shit. I tried a second time to make it, still rank,  then fucked it off.

Same with my homebrew Merlot.....................

Edited by White on Tyne

Jules always smothers his food in "special sauce" which he usually milks from either Big E or Gumbo

It was both

But then E left the cabal for some splitarse 

I'm happy to audition for a replacement

Queues to be formed at the LOV entrance 1 hour before KO at the Leeds game

It was both

But then E left the cabal for some splitarse 

I'm happy to audition for a replacement

Queues to be formed at the LOV entrance 1 hour before KO at the Leeds game

All ticket or will there be pay on the day?

He refused to sell me any fresh blood as he said that it was too complicated to order due to some regs at the abbatoir.

I work with some abattoirs and this is true. Lot of regs and the blood is a good additional source of revenue and you'd be surprised at some of the uses!

Nice in a salad with feta cheese. Strange but true

I just had to make this. Added in some cubes of fried chorizo and made an English mustard dressing

Didn't have time to go to Bury so just bought Aldi's black pudding slices and chopped them up 

That was one awesome fucking salad!!! Great call Escobarp. I'll be having that again!!!

Edited by MancWanderer