Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

43 minutes ago, Spider said:

There’s at least 15 million remainders who’ll believe the doom and gloom, so this could easily happen.

the first time a senior figure goes on air to encourage people not to panic will be when it really starts.

question for Mounts - would you be down the supermarket queueing if you knew the shelves were being cleared? 

I don’t do queuing I’ll just get the wife to order from Sainsburys as normal if there’s something missing from the delivery, just order again the week after.

It happens now it’s no hassle. For some reason always have a stockpile of tins of beans, soup, and non perishables in stock, my parents did it and it’s something for some unknown reason I still do. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t do queuing I’ll just get the wife to order from Sainsburys as normal if there’s something missing from the delivery, just order again the week after.

It happens now it’s no hassle. For some reason always have a stockpile of tins of beans, soup, and non perishables in stock, my parents did it and it’s something for some unknown reason I still do. 

It’s called forward thinking mate.......in the event of Brexit making us see scenes like Russia in the 70’s and 80’s :D

The past five years have proved that the one thing this country is not short of is dimwitted and easily influenced shit-for-brains...And I include folk of all hues in that cohort.

The scenario painted by Birch - a 'run' on the supermarkets is not some far-out proposition imo, but what would he know? The day of the 'expert' is over, if you want to know what time it is ask any Cotswolds old boy.

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

It'll get through.

Deep down I think it might. However, currently unless a lot of Tory Brexiteers (and even some remainers are lying) she will need about 80-100 Labour MPs to rebel. That looks pretty tough at this stage. She will have to quell the rebellion in her own party on this. But every day another Tory MP comes out saying they won't support it. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

1 hour ago, Spider said:

There’s at least 15 million remainders who’ll believe the doom and gloom, so this could easily happen.

the first time a senior figure goes on air to encourage people not to panic will be when it really starts.

question for Mounts - would you be down the supermarket queueing if you knew the shelves were being cleared? 

It only takes 2 days of heavy snow and the supermarket shelves are empty so it wouldn't surprise me one jot if panic buying sets in, at least for a short period

• Members
6 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It only takes 2 days of heavy snow and the supermarket shelves are empty so it wouldn't surprise me one jot if panic buying sets in, at least for a short period

Some fortunes to be made for forward thinking entrepreneurial types then?

Anyone got an empty lock up I can borrow?

Ok gents, enough of the dead cat stuff, back to the real matter in hand. 

Given we’ve now been told that no option leaves the UK in a stronger position by the chancellor, I take it this is more fearmongering rather than the head of the treasury?

Im just interested in your continuing optimism as a public we learn more each day about the reality of our situation.

9 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ok gents, enough of the dead cat stuff, back to the real matter in hand. 

Given we’ve now been told that no option leaves the UK in a stronger position by the chancellor, I take it this is more fearmongering rather than the head of the treasury?

Im just interested in your continuing optimism as a public we learn more each day about the reality of our situation.

Hammond said the economy would be slightly smaller didn’t he under May’s plan ?

Not exactly 46% smaller is it ?

Not forgetting, these are just scenarios for now.......it’s not a given, nothing is.

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Hammond said the economy would be slightly smaller didn’t he under May’s plan ?

Not exactly 46% smaller is it ?

Not forgetting, these are just scenarios for now.......it’s not a given, nothing is.

Your posts remind me of Captain Red Beard Rum in Blackadder.

Blackadder : 'I was under the impression it was common maritime practice for a ship to have a crew ?'

Rum : 'Opinion is divided m'lord. All the other captains say it is, I say it isn't, Ha haaar!'

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Your posts remind me of Captain Red Beard Rum in Blackadder.

Blackadder : 'I was under the impression it was common maritime practice for a ship to have a crew ?'

Rum : 'Opinion is divided m'lord. All the other captains say it is, I say it isn't, Ha haaar!'

Thank you sir.

Your posts remind me of a fortnight.......and that my friend is too week.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Christmas mania is also due fairly soon. Always beggars belief the queues at places that open again in a couple of days.

If the deal is voted down on the 11th, we could have two weeks of absolute stupidity.

I'm on the last of my tators now but thankfully my first attempt at growing sprouts has been quite successful so Christmas dinner is saved.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-significantly-worse-off-under-all-brexit-scenarios-official-forecast-gdp

"A regional breakdown also showed that in a no-deal scenario, the north-east of England would be worst affected, followed by the West Midlands, the north-west and Northern Ireland. London would easily be the least affected."

You couldn't make this shit up.

4 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-significantly-worse-off-under-all-brexit-scenarios-official-forecast-gdp

"A regional breakdown also showed that in a no-deal scenario, the north-east of England would be worst affected, followed by the West Midlands, the north-west and Northern Ireland. London would easily be the least affected."

You couldn't make this shit up.

That article is very odd as it doesn't mention the actual deal we're asking MPs to vote for. It suggests "chequers" has been ditched. But the deal we're taking is very close to chequers.

Very odd. Unless I'm missing something. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46366162

So under May's plan - the best case Brexit plan the economy will be £100Bn a year smaller by 2030 compared to remaining - according to the treasury's official forecast. Under no deal - even worse.

Time to end this madness.

Not will be...COULD BE.......and that’s from an independent source......don’t let facts ruin your headlines Kofi.