Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

38 minutes ago, Spider said:

Who you backing today then?

You wanted 5 of them to win last night, you managed to narrow it down based on which one wants to burn the most coal?

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Phhhwwwoooaaarrrrrr

No Spider, like most who will vote I’m looking to support whoever looks to be the most likely to carry out the manifesto promises and do it honestly and with integrity. Originally my vote was actually going to PM but since finding out more about her my vote will now go elsewhere. I am concerned that she supported transgender women as women but I’m even more concerned that she’s now trying to claim she was misunderstood. At that time she held a meeting with swimmer Sharron Davis, a strong supporter of womens rights in which she made several promises of action. She then implemented none of them. I don’t like her rigid stance on net zero which is crippling our country or the fact that she’s close to Bill Gates and her recent proposal to means test early years nursery allowances works against those single mums working who need it in favour of those workshy idle beings sitting at home all day who don’t need it anyway. 

I rate both Suella Braverman and Kemi Bardenoch higher but doubt they’ll get enough support to go through so since I don’t rate Rishi and Tom T also Won’t get through I’m left with probably going for Liz Truss. Not an enviable choice I know but at least her history is in the public domain which PM’s isn’t and I don’t want another fibber like Boris in charge.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

No Spider, like most who will vote I’m looking to support whoever looks to be the most likely to carry out the manifesto promises and do it honestly and with integrity. Originally my vote was actually going to PM but since finding out more about her my vote will now go elsewhere. I am concerned that she supported transgender women as women but I’m even more concerned that she’s now trying to claim she was misunderstood. At that time she held a meeting with swimmer Sharron Davis, a strong supporter of womens rights in which she made several promises of action. She then implemented none of them. I don’t like her rigid stance on net zero which is crippling our country or the fact that she’s close to Bill Gates and her recent proposal to means test early years nursery allowances works against those single mums working who need it in favour of those workshy idle beings sitting at home all day who don’t need it anyway. 

I rate both Suella Braverman and Kemi Bardenoch higher but doubt they’ll get enough support to go through so since I don’t rate Rishi and Tom T also Won’t get through I’m left with probably going for Liz Truss. Not an enviable choice I know but at least her history is in the public domain which PM’s isn’t and I don’t want another fibber like Boris in charge.

Fair play.

No Manifesto should be regarded as sacred. No party explained how they would cope with a pandemic because it hadn't quite happened.

To me a Manifesto equates to a Balance Sheet and is a snapshot which can be dressed up. What really matters is the Profit & Loss Account.

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair play.

To be fair to Penny though Spider, she’s increased her support from the MPs this afternoon and surely they must know her better than us? I’m sad Suella’s out but it’ll be interesting now to see where her supporters go. I also think Tom Tugenhat might back out now as his support has gone down and he’s clearly going to be the next to go.

There are televised debates over the weekend and I think they will be decisive in getting into the last two. I hope that those highlight Kemi more as she’s the least known of the contenders but I still doubt it would be enough to overcome PM or Liz, so I’d see it being between those two and Rishi in the end. Anything can still happen I suppose?

Guest Nordkurve
57 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

They are Tories. The first part I highlighted is not compatible with being a Tory MP. The second part I highlighted just shows what I highlighted in the first part.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

No Spider, like most who will vote I’m looking to support whoever looks to be the most likely to carry out the manifesto promises and do it honestly and with integrity….,,.,,,,and I don’t want another fibber like Boris in charge.

You were one of Bozos biggest supporters so when did this honesty and integrity thing become important to you😀

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

How is net zero crippling the country?

Some think that whilst we have gas reserves in Europe because of our comitment to net zero we've become over relient on others - namely Russian - and therefore this pushes up prices and causes the issues we have at the moment with folk not having enough money to fill their cars, and that on a fundemental level agriculture really relies on gas so storming down the net zero path causes food shortages as well, which then hikes up food costs and...well you see where I'm going.

It's a slightly myopic view, but there is something about governments getting proper environmental policies in place, rather than soundbotes to appeal to certain parts of the electorate, which doesn't help anyone.

3 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

No Manifesto should be regarded as sacred. No party explained how they would cope with a pandemic because it hadn't quite happened.

To me a Manifesto equates to a Balance Sheet and is a snapshot which can be dressed up. What really matters is the Profit & Loss Account.

P&L can easily be manipulated too, cash flow statement harder to manipulate and would have made for a better analogy.

Yours,

Chris Custard

3 hours ago, Farrelli said:

You were one of Bozos biggest supporters so when did this honesty and integrity thing become important to you😀

You’re right Farrelli, I was and whilst I accept his deceit I still rate him better than the current contenders. That said maybe that’s why I’m now looking for someone more trustworthy and reliable?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You’re right Farrelli, I was and whilst I accept his deceit I still rate him better than the current contenders. That said maybe that’s why I’m now looking for someone more trustworthy and reliable?

So you're admitting he is untrustworthy and unreliable, but still rate him above the Leadership contenders who you think are more trustworthy and reliable? This is what Populism does to human brains.

• Site Supporter

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is popular with folk.  As a minor celeb, rugby tackling a footballer or getting stuck on a zip line is mildly funny.

Being the head of government is a whole different ball game and how or why seemingly intelligent people support him or think he even remotely suitable for the job proper bends my head.

30 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is popular with folk.  As a minor celeb, rugby tackling a footballer or getting stuck on a zip line is mildly funny.

Being the head of government is a whole different ball game and how or why seemingly intelligent people support him or think he even remotely suitable for the job proper bends my head.

See Trump for details.

43 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So you're admitting he is untrustworthy and unreliable, but still rate him above the Leadership contenders who you think are more trustworthy and reliable? This is what Populism does to human brains.

He’s just been voted out of office for being untrustworthy and unreliable hasn’t he, or did you miss that? Despite that he’s still far superior in intellect, charisma and statesmanship than any of the possible replacements. I’ll tell you this for what it’s worth, if he stood in the final against the two that make it he’d walk it back into No10. As far as your silly populism dig is concerned, at least some of us have a brain.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

He’s just been voted out of office for being untrustworthy and unreliable hasn’t he, or did you miss that? Despite that he’s still far superior in intellect, charisma and statesmanship than any of the possible replacements. I’ll tell you this for what it’s worth, if he stood in the final against the two that make it he’d walk it back into No10. As far as your silly populism dig is concerned, at least some of us have a brain.

Hahahahaha 😂 As I said - this is what Populism does to human brains.