Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
16 hours ago, Spider said:

By the way, he’ll be back next week

Inevitable UNLESS he sticks to his guns to be a martyr for the wokes.

I do hope so. The wokes have had far too many scalps. I want the common sensers to have a scalp too.

• Members
15 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Propaganda in 1930s Germany was massive, a misinformation machine to justify their policies. The Russians are also the experts in it.

Politicians on both sides in Western countries do it to a much, much lesser extent. You’re honouring holocaust survivors if you call it out when it’s actually happening.

Some of Boltys favourite bands , Toots and the Maytals - the Specials - all sing songs about modern propaganda. Guess we’ll have to cancel them from Spotify now.

Musical tastes don't come into it but you know that. Keep trying Earth father. 

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Head in the sand.

It’s just common sense m’dear. Clearly there are issues with crime. But if you’re the kind to look at those stats and think that’s all Albanians, then you need to give your head a wobble.

6 hours ago, royal white said:

And to be fair his tweet was truthful with a bit of comedy 

I think you’re missing the point slightly 😂 nobody is saying it’s that bad. i think the point is if you’re going to create guidance, then at least try to apply it to everyone. 

Edited by London Wanderer

Defund the BBC is a right wing organisation that has been campaigning for a while. It seems many other factions are jumping on the bandwagon now. It could backfire for all concerned at the BBC. The organisation and employees. I’ve had a licence since 1976. I have no intention of cancelling it. Out of interest, how many on here have a licence?

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I have never heard of them before but the fact Andrea Jenkins is a supporter tells me all I need to know.

Surely your attachment to any given cause wouldn't be purely predicated on others who might also be in it?

We all follow bwfc- would you stop because others have different views to you?

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

It’s just common sense m’dear. Clearly there are issues with crime. But if you’re the kind to look at those stats and think that’s all Albanians, then you need to give your head a wobble.

I think you’re missing the point slightly 😂 nobody is saying it’s that bad. i think the point is if you’re going to create guidance, then at least try to apply it to everyone. 

I think you missed the first point. “Is that the tweet that was deleted and he apologised for” 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Oh and as for the Lineker issue, has anyone on the previous pages discussed the fact that apparently many Jewish folk have felt deep resentment at his comments?

A potential own goal on its way here for sir Kier.

And many haven't.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Surely your attachment to any given cause wouldn't be purely predicated on others who might also be in it?

We all follow bwfc- would you stop because others have different views to you?

No, my comment was said a little in jest but it does seem like an odd organisation. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, globaldiver said:

There is a simple solution; stop the pretence of impartiality and change the basis of funding. 

GB News already exists though. Assuming it’s unapologetically biased news you’re after?

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Oh and as for the Lineker issue, has anyone on the previous pages discussed the fact that apparently many Jewish folk have felt deep resentment at his comments?

A potential own goal on its way here for sir Kier.

Oh, and while I remember, what the fuck has it got to do with Starmer?