• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Only for the gullible.

#bewaregreeksbearinggifts

Good point.

let’s stand firm and vote Tory.

they make the (daytime) trains run smoothly 😎

Again with Newham Independants 😁

The fact that BB finds this all so gleeful is a rather queer thing. The Labour Party - like any larger political party is a broad church. Personally I am very much on the right of the Labour Party. I think BB finds is amusing that some within the Labour Paty can look at a dominante and successful politican and not want to lambast them, whatever their worldview was. Personally I did a speech an uni praising some Thatcherite policies. Like anyone who had dominated the political landscape there were positives and negatives.

Saying that isn't a negative thing, unless you are perhaps on the left-wing of the party, and each of the comments from the Labour front bench has been throught through before being released, and its a good ploy to win wavering centrist voters in the South East who they need to to form the next government.

What it doesn't mean is that the Labour party have become rabid Thatcherites only wedded to a rampament free-market economy, but the country will need to the support of business to get it out of the economic hole we're in so that money can then be used on the services that we need to. 

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Bring back Lee 

I've not got much time for Anderson, but do we think he's as clever as he thinks he is? - He is, I'll admit, absolutely perfect for Reform UK, and I'll bet they couldn't believe there luck when he joined them (which he purposely engineered of course) - once he loses his seat in the GE, and he will, I wonder if, other than appearing on GB News, if we'll hear from him again, or if he'll just fade into the background.

16 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Again with Newham Independants 😁

The fact that BB finds this all so gleeful is a rather queer thing. The Labour Party - like any larger political party is a broad church. Personally I am very much on the right of the Labour Party. I think BB finds is amusing that some within the Labour Paty can look at a dominante and successful politican and not want to lambast them, whatever their worldview was. Personally I did a speech an uni praising some Thatcherite policies. Like anyone who had dominated the political landscape there were positives and negatives.

Saying that isn't a negative thing, unless you are perhaps on the left-wing of the party, and each of the comments from the Labour front bench has been throught through before being released, and its a good ploy to win wavering centrist voters in the South East who they need to to form the next government.

What it doesn't mean is that the Labour party have become rabid Thatcherites only wedded to a rampament free-market economy, but the country will need to the support of business to get it out of the economic hole we're in so that money can then be used on the services that we need to. 

😊

There’s an election coming up. Might be a good idea to grow a thicker skin. 😉

IMG_0944.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

it doesn't mean is that the Labour party have become rabid Thatcherites only wedded to a rampament free-market economy, 

Does it matter if they have (or pretend to have)?  - you do what you can to win a GE, and it won't be anytime soon, as this lot will cling on until the very last minute (and I don't blame them, as I'd do the same), so you may as well try and appeal to those wavering Tory voters. The left leaning lot will still vote Labour, as there is nowhere else for them to go at present

• Site Supporter

“We’ll stop the boats”

Yes! Let’s vote Tory! They said they’d do a thing!

”more boats then ever”

yes! Let’s vote Tory! Diane Abbot and things!

14 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Does it matter if they have (or pretend to have)?  - you do what you can to win a GE, and it won't be anytime soon, as this lot will cling on until the very last minute (and I don't blame them, as I'd do the same), so you may as well try and appeal to those wavering Tory voters. The left leaning lot will still vote Labour, as there is nowhere else for them to go at present

Its an easy dog-whistle - New Labour did it years go, tickle the Tories voters soft Thatcherite underbelly for those who don't like the current iteration of the Conservatives, mention transformative policies in the 1980s, but also then need to do things differently so the whole country is supported and that there is such thing as community.

A bit of bleating from the far left and minority parties actually helps, shows that this is a different version of Labour and Starmer has been strong enough to lead this change - helps when pollsters ask the question if you could actually visiualise the Labour Leader standing outside Number 10 - strong leadership, difficult decisions made and acted upon, planned and sober strategies sort of thing.

Edited by Not in Crawley

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I've not got much time for Anderson, but do we think he's as clever as he thinks he is? - He is, I'll admit, absolutely perfect for Reform UK, and I'll bet they couldn't believe there luck when he joined them (which he purposely engineered of course) - once he loses his seat in the GE, and he will, I wonder if, other than appearing on GB News, if we'll hear from him again, or if he'll just fade into the background.

Clever?

He’s thick as fucking mince. 

An absolute chancer. 

41 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Clever?

He’s thick as fucking mince. 

An absolute chancer. 

Isn't Lee Anderson the bloke who got caught asking his mate to pretend he didn't know him, so that he could doorstep him on the news? 😁

13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Isn't Lee Anderson the bloke who got caught asking his mate to pretend he didn't know him, so that he could doorstep him on the news? 😁

The one and only😁

A grade A bellend. 

18 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The one and only😁

A grade A bellend. 

In any normal functioning country, that would have made him such a laughing stock that he'd never make it anywhere near a high profile position..... 🤣

4 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

😊

There’s an election coming up. Might be a good idea to grow a thicker skin. 😉

IMG_0944.jpeg

Like a rhino's behind, pops.

I do like pointing out some of the foolishness your funny little posts though. 

This thread as been lovely to watch.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Like a rhino's behind, pops.

I do like pointing out some of the foolishness your funny little posts though. 

This thread as been lovely to watch.

Has been👍 I do like pointing out…….

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Has been👍 I do like pointing out…….

That's a good one, do keep these up, delightfully proves my point about you.

Anyway, to prove their are no hard feelings in my well meaning little digs at your daft musings, this is for you. Now, remember make sure the wife is out and wipe down any deposits, you don't want the keyboard getting sticky.

Right, must be off - I'm at Woolwich Works, never been, its fab, for a workshop then I've got dinner with a friend. Enjoy your evening BB! x

image.png.f2873eddb28409ef418c4823ae98f4d0.png

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

That's a good one, do keep these up, delightfully proves my point about you.

Anyway, to prove their are no hard feelings in my well meaning little digs at your daft musings, this is for you. Now, remember make sure the wife is out and wipe down any deposits, you don't want the keyboard getting sticky.

Right, must be off - I'm at Woolwich Works, never been, its fab, for a workshop then I've got dinner with a friend. Enjoy your evening BB! x

image.png.f2873eddb28409ef418c4823ae98f4d0.png

I’m actually quite chuffed that you think I’m still capable of ‘deposits’. I underestimated you and accept your ‘well meaning’ digs with the contempt that they were intended. 👍

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

In any normal functioning country, that would have made him such a laughing stock that he'd never make it anywhere near a high profile position..... 🤣

😁😁😁

It still cracks me up

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-latest-tory-fake-swing-voter-boris-johnson-crick-ashfield-lee-anderson-a9216986.html

49 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’d happily stir Boby’s porridge in this instance

That’s the second time I’ve had to Google something this week.  Sandy’s Superstars was the other. If anyone ever gets hold of my phone, my search history could give a misleading account of my life. 
I had to tilt the phone on the train when Penny’s swim suit shots came up.😊 (didn’t help with me zooming in)