Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

I see that TMGJ, like Bolty is already prepping to say that whatever deal we get is fantastic,and far better than we already have, no matter what it looks like

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter
Just now, DazBob said:

Why don't we just catch all the fish in the next couple of weeks and put the in the Lake District and then sell them to Europe?

😁😁😁😁

marvellous.

I bet Boris is already running his fingers up Ursula’s thighs

Problem with the fishing is we don’t have sufficient boats to meet demand and fulfill the quotas as far as I’m aware. So either we underfish the waters or we let them in.

if we underfish it pushes prices up and consumer pays which isnt good for joe public. Maybe I’m over simplifying though 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Are we out yet?

I reckon it’ll go down to the wire

Ursula is German, so any agreements will have to wait until after she’s made Boris do a shit on a glass table whilst she lies underneath pissing into his shoes

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

I reckon it’ll go down to the wire

Ursula is German, so any agreements will have to wait until after she’s made Boris do a shit on a glass table whilst she lies underneath pissing into his shoes

Will there be a video?  asking for a friend. Me I’m friend 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

How come folk are so concerned about fish that swim over an imaginary line, but don't care much about people that cross it?

Indeed. Foreign Fish that enter British waters are British Fish. Foreign Humans that enters British Waters should be shot at and drowned.

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Problem with the fishing is we don’t have sufficient boats to meet demand and fulfill the quotas as far as I’m aware. So either we underfish the waters or we let them in.

if we underfish it pushes prices up and consumer pays which isnt good for joe public. Maybe I’m over simplifying though 

Fishing is less than 0.1% of our national economy. ( think the same for EU where most countries do not have any fishing at all). 
I am sure we actually sell on over 50% of our quota currently as we do not have the capacity to fish it all. 
Fishing should not be a stumbling block if they can sort the Irish border it would be crazy for this to be the issue that sees us screw our economy. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Fishing is less than 0.1% of our national economy. ( think the same for EU where most countries do not have any fishing at all). 
I am sure we actually sell on over 50% of our quota currently as we do not have the capacity to fish it all. 
Fishing should not be a stumbling block if they can sort the Irish border it would be crazy for this to be the issue that sees us screw our economy. 

I would like to think he’s holding it back as a tradeable. It’s clearly important to France by all reports. So something to bargain with maybe?

Like you I can’t see it being a huge stumbling block and worth going no deal on. 

the reports that they want some sort of recourse to us or ability to possibly amend/cancel areas of the deal if we diverge from common standards in some areas that I heard today is a big issue and rightly so. 

im just hoping Boris and this bint sort it out agree what they can both move on and send their teams back in to finalise this fucking thing. It’s tiring and stressful 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I would like to think he’s holding it back as a tradeable. It’s clearly important to France by all reports. So something to bargain with maybe?

Like you I can’t see it being a huge stumbling block and worth going no deal on. 

the reports that they want some sort of recourse to us or ability to possibly amend/cancel areas of the deal if we diverge from common standards in some areas that I heard today is a big issue and rightly so. 

im just hoping Boris and this bint sort it out agree what they can both move on and send their teams back in to finalise this fucking thing. It’s tiring and stressful 

The version I heard is that the stumbling block is how the agreement is policed on an ongoing basis. Which is similar to the above but a slightly different emphasis. 

Just now, Ani said:

The version I heard is that the stumbling block is how the agreement is policed on an ongoing basis. Which is similar to the above but a slightly different emphasis. 

I heard that and that if we do diverge then they want to be able to basically come back at us. Which he’s never going to sign upto I don’t think. But as always devil is in the detail 

21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I heard that and that if we do diverge then they want to be able to basically come back at us. Which he’s never going to sign upto I don’t think. But as always devil is in the detail 

Not unreasonable to want to have some recourse if we do not follow the agreement is it ? 

Or vica versa 

Given the discussions about both sides being accused of being ‘flexible’ with international law can see it being a real issue. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Not unreasonable to want to have some recourse if we do not follow the agreement is it ? 

Or vica versa 

Given the discussions about both sides being accused of being ‘flexible’ with international law can see it being a real issue. 

It was explained earlier on the radio as them having the recourse not the other way. If they change standards we must move with them. If we don’t they have recourse to us. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think he’s probably just gone up her arse . Dry. After they’ve had desert obviously 

She’ll definitely be making all the advisers gather round for a spooge party 

She’ll have a face like a melted welly as she’s signs the deal

Just now, Spider said:

She’ll definitely be making all the advisers gather round for a spooge party 

She’ll have a face like a melted welly as she’s signs the deal

Daily mail headlines with her looking like a painters radio. Can see it now with big Boris looming over the top of her out of breath with his wee winky in hand