Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

35 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

@Sweepwill my replacement thruster for my fist master get delivered on time or am I going to need to dust the dildos out and use good old fashioned elbow grease?

They're being airfreighted in, so should be OK. I think@Rudy has a spare few if you need them, he's always burning them out, as he refuses to lube them up and always goes on dry, which as you know can put unnecessary strain on the thrust charge capacitor

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We're experiencing huge delays at the docks at present, up to a week in some cases. As I've said though, Brexit is a minimal party of this issue, the main problem is COVID-19 restrictions in the ports, and seasonal volume.

I wonder if it’s due to where the goods originate then? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, mickbrown said:

The massive bullshitting fanny.

Welcome aboard

He’s probably like this in real life.

surrounded by toadying sychophants who have agreed with him down the years, anyone daring to stray from his opinions cut out of his life forever as some kind of heretic.

Its what all simple people do. Can’t win an argument? No problem. Just ignore it and carry on with your fingers in your ears.

He’s the closest human I know to being a clone of Trump.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

They're being airfreighted in, so should be OK. I think@Rudy has a spare few if you need them, he's always burning them out, as he refuses to lube them up and always goes on dry, which as you know can put unnecessary strain on the thrust charge capacitor

My thruster my rules 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Possibly, my stuff is all from Shanghai....so it has to clear customs etc, stuff from the EU at present obviously can just come in unchecked, so should flush through quicker

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

He’s probably like this in real life.

surrounded by toadying sychophants who have agreed with him down the years, anyone daring to stray from his opinions cut out of his life forever as some kind of heretic.

Its what all simple people do. Can’t win an argument? No problem. Just ignore it and carry on with your fingers in your ears.

He’s the closest human I know to being a clone of Trump.

He does seem a delicate owd fella

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That's what vauxhall said to me about that van.

Production abroad is well down because of the virus.

All these social distancing measures etc must place some level of restriction on production lines all over the world.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's what vauxhall said to me about that van.

Production abroad is well down because of the virus.

All these social distancing measures etc must place some level of restriction on production lines all over the world.

The perfect storm.

Covid, increased demand for to Xmas, fast approaching deadline and a scruffy lying dollop of shite heading up negotiations

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The perfect storm.

Covid, increased demand for to Xmas, fast approaching deadline and a scruffy lying dollop of shite heading up negotiations

I was talking about 3 months or so ago. No port delays then, just struggling to make shit so quickly. 

I've now sacked the idea of electric off for a while.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Imaging if given all this shit happening at once we decided to delay the one factor under own control for the good of the country rather than being worried about upsetting the ERG. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55259144

It’s quite clear if we don’t have a deadline the eu will just kick the can down the road, this is more of the same, if we agreed to it I’d not be paying any more contributions or the 40 billion settlement or agreeing to extending EU jurisdiction. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, boogs said:

The way that link laid out on my phone the second line hit my eye for some reason and read as “Johnson fold Brexit negotiations” 

I thought things had really gone down the pan for a second.

Send the Brexit bus there and see how long it has windows for

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Were you planning on full electric?

Looking at it certainly. Costs do look a bit prohibitive, but with grants and diesel savings I was looking at the possibility. The new vauxhall van was the first which seemed to fit into my size/range requirements. 

Others coming soon, so will wait.