Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

18 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

As bad as this government are, I’ve seen nothing from Labour ( the only credible alternative) that would make any difference. 
Covid, the war in Ukraine and Brexit has had the biggest impact on the economy. It’s what affects most people including services. 
Without knowing how Labour would handle those difficult problems, I really couldn’t say. If we had a credible opposition, like Blair and co. I’d vote Labour. We don’t though so as I said earlier, Hobsons Choice.

Doesn't answer your question though so if I’m pushed, I’d vote Monster Raving Loony Party.

And on covid I’m fairly confident they would not have been handing millions out to their own peers and donors for PPE that was not fit for purpose and lead to money being corrupted from the state. This at a time when we desperately needed PPE due to demand so it was a double whammy. So that’s two of your arguments taken down.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

Just out of interest. Would you fully respect a European who felt like that about Brexit?

As in someone from the outside looking in.

Don’t think you can compare the membership of EU to the UK, however yes I would respect their opinion. 

I’ve also said Scotland can have the vote for me and if they choose out that’s fair enough, however I’d prefer Scotland to remain in the UK.

7 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

And on covid I’m fairly confident they would not have been handing millions out to their own peers and donors for PPE that was not fit for purpose and lead to money being corrupted from the state. This at a time when we desperately needed PPE due to demand so it was a double whammy. So that’s two of your arguments taken down.

In answer to both your reply’s, I haven’t argued against any of them. 
The people of the U.K. voted for Brexit. 

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Depends what the alternative is. As I’ve said and from experience, the alternative isn’t always better. 

But they would have been better on two of the big issues you mentioned. Brexit would not have happened as there is no ERG in labour. Corruption of state funds would not have happened on an industrial scale plus breaking their own covid rules and a PM being investigated by the police. 

In answer to both your reply’s, I haven’t argued against any of them. 
The people of the U.K. voted for Brexit. 

No sorry that just doesn’t wash. Cameron presented a vote to people to try and prevent a split in his party and shore up his leadership. Everything that has happened since then has been a car crash caused by the Tories.

Just now, Farrelli said:

But they would have been better on two of the big issues you mentioned. Brexit would not have happened as there is no ERG in labour. Corruption of state funds would not have happened on an industrial scale plus breaking their own covid rules and a PM being investigated by the police. 

6 years in and still this comes up. UKIP  was the main instigator of the move for a vote. The Tories gave it to the people. The Tory government’s official recommendation was remain. The same as me. The democratic verdict of the people was out. Accept it and move on. I have. 

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t think you can compare the membership of EU to the UK, however yes I would respect their opinion. 

I’ve also said Scotland can have the vote for me and if they choose out that’s fair enough, however I’d prefer Scotland to remain in the UK.

Furry muff.

3 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

6 years in and still this comes up. UKIP  was the main instigator of the move for a vote. The Tories gave it to the people. The Tory government’s official recommendation was remain. The same as me. The democratic verdict of the people was out. Accept it and move on. I have. 

This is about if labour are a better government option than the Tories. They are a miles better option on two key measures you want to use, covid management and brexit. You are now trying to dismiss brexit as nothing to do with them when it was everything to do with them.

I’m similar in respects of I voted remain, we lost. I respect it etc. 

Cant agree on the tories being absolved. Cameron was a disgrace for offering up and not planning for a scenario of out. 

Everyone since has been a car crash. I almost let those off after though as if there wasn’t a leave vote the likes of May and Boris wouldn’t of been close to any leadership contest.

Take away the fact of Ukraine and Covid which would of impacted any government of any colour rosette and focus on what was in their control then they have been awful and taken us backwards.

14 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Do you know this for sure?  Using that logic we could use any other party as an example 

Just now, royal white said:

Do you know this for sure?  Using that logic we could use any other party as an example 

With all due respect I think this topic could do without your pearls of wisdom. I’ve seen your work on racism. Say what you want but brexit would not have happened under labour and the level of corruption since has been unprecedented.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

They are a miles better option on two key measures you want to use, covid management and brexit. 

That’s just pure conjecture. No one knows how Labour would have handled COVID. As for Brexit, the public wanted a vote. The Tories gave them a vote. You didn’t like it, neither did I. That’s democracy. Democracy exists when the losers accept the result. Unless you’re Donald Trump.

6 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

That’s just pure conjecture. No one knows how Labour would have handled COVID. As for Brexit, the public wanted a vote. The Tories gave them a vote. You didn’t like it, neither did I. That’s democracy. Democracy exists when the losers accept the result. Unless you’re Donald Trump.

What is pure conjecture is trying to paint brexit as some sort of noble gesture to give the people a choice.  They don’t give a stuff. It was about keeping power (Cameron) and taking power (Bozo and chums). The country has paid the price.

10 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

With all due respect I think this topic could do without your pearls of wisdom. I’ve seen your work on racism. Say what you want but brexit would not have happened under labour and the level of corruption since has been unprecedented.

With all due respect you’re not capable of predicting for sure what might of happened. You might think you have some special powers but I’ll Guarantee you your powers are the same as the rest on here.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’m similar in respects of I voted remain, we lost. I respect it etc. 

Cant agree on the tories being absolved. Cameron was a disgrace for offering up and not planning for a scenario of out. 

Everyone since has been a car crash. I almost let those off after though as if there wasn’t a leave vote the likes of May and Boris wouldn’t of been close to any leadership contest.

Take away the fact of Ukraine and Covid which would of impacted any government of any colour rosette and focus on what was in their control then they have been awful and taken us backwards.

Thing is, Cameron and his side kick painted a picture of Britain "out" and no one believed it. I think you're right about him not preparing as he, like most of us thought remain would win.

Should he have stayed and enacted it all, probably yes, but at the same time if his head and heart weren't in it, then maybe he did right to make way.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

What is pure conjecture is trying to paint brexit as some sort of noble gesture to give the people a choice.  They don’t give a stuff. It was about keeping power (Cameron) and taking power (Bozo and chums). The country has paid the price.

Ok

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thing is, Cameron and his side kick painted a picture of Britain "out" and no one believed it. I think you're right about him not preparing as he, like most of us thought remain would win.

Should he have stayed and enacted it all, probably yes, but at the same time if his head and heart weren't in it, then maybe he did right to make way.

He made the job untenable to those with half a brain left in the tories through being so arrogant not to consider a leave vote. He is the biggest prick of them all too me. His actions gave birth to May, Boris, Truss and Rishi. 

44 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Add to that, the last GE, which was a de facto brexit vote in essence.

However misguided, you cant argue its what the people wanted.

Thats democracy for you.

• Moderators

So the leader of labours biggest donor suspects evidence of criminality in the organisation and calls in a barrister to investigate

Report passed on to cops

Im struggling to see the current leadership of the union, or labour, have anything to be criticised about

Compare this to the tories whose dodgy actions led to their ethics advisor resigning and still not being replaced, 6 months on

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Add to that, the last GE, which was a de facto brexit vote in essence.

However misguided, you cant argue its what the people wanted.

Thats democracy for you.

That's true. In the original referendum the people voted for unlimited personal wealth, world class services and free blow jobs from a TV personality of their choice. Obviously that hadn't happened by the time the GE came around because "it hadn't been done/done properly" - they still hadn't got a pot to piss in, the NHS was on it's arse and they were still waiting for Naga to crawl under the kitchen table and get munchin' - so they voted for it again. 

And now - a mere 6 years after the event, they are beginning to suspect that good old Boris and his co-conspirators may have been telling porkies. Although a good few still believe in cloud cuckoo land and the tooth fairy.