Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You realise that’s the 3rd time in a row I’ve tried to open up a debate (in a fckn politics thread 😂) and you’ve come back with eco activist nonsense.

It’s getting a bit boring now. The mung burger comments were funny to begin with. Whilst I dont mind a bean burger, the reality is a drive a diesel van and hate Just Stop Oil’s tactics as much as you do. 

it’s a very simple question. He said Liberal twats and remainers have got us in a hole. I’m only asking how. Any examples from either of you?

Now come on. Obstructionism by remainers has been plain to see in all facets of political discourse. If you need an example none would be bigger than this.

A big mistake to let Remainers into the cabinet in the first place. It has gone downhill from there. They have been running interference all the way through in the vain hope of someday rejoining the bureaucratic nightmare. Why else would the four thousand and odd bits of EU legislation they promised to bin be reduced to six hundred and odd recently? W63 is correct about the sinister influence of remainers close to the levers of power.

Pretty sure when W63 refers to Liberals he means of the bleeding heart variety and not those useless centrist fucktards who are neither use nor ornament. The latter treacherous bastards wanted to overturn the democratic will of the people so  suppose he could have been referring to them with strong justification.

Next.

Talking about the decision to take us into the EU (it was the Common Market then) the Heath government took us in without a vote. Wilson’s government gave us all a vote to stay in. Around 2/3 of those of us that voted chose to stay. Then, as now, it was the peoples choice. Remember also that Cameron’s government put forward an expensive campaign to remain. Every household received the government’s recommendation to stay.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Pretty sure when W63 refers to Liberals he means of the bleeding heart variety and not those useless centrist fucktards who are neither use nor ornament. The latter treacherous bastards wanted to overturn the democratic will of the people so  suppose he could have been referring to them with strong justification.

He was referring to ex-Conservative Party Chairman, Chris Patten.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Talking about the decision to take us into the EU (it was the Common Market then) the Heath government took us in without a vote. Wilson’s government gave us all a vote to stay in. Around 2/3 of those of us that voted chose to stay. Then, as now, it was the peoples choice. Remember also that Cameron’s government put forward an expensive campaign to remain. Every household received the government’s recommendation to stay.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

We know. And?

Pretty pathetic really when we were discussing how much better QT was last night when politicians debated properly and listened to each other then in next few hours the usual insults are being thrown about in here. 

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Because 73 wasn’t the relevant date. 75 was when it went to a public vote.

What is the relevance? The point is we were doing well for 40+ years as part of the EU and not that well since. So what is the “hole” that W63 is referring to?

13 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

What is the relevance? The point is we were doing well for 40+ years as part of the EU and not that well since. So what is the “hole” that W63 is referring to?

No idea. Ask him. The ‘relevance’ was actually aimed at him. As I said, the voters decided to keep us in his ‘hole’

The voters decided on where we are now.

I voted to remain both times. Maybe of no relevance but maybe context to my comments on here. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

No idea. Ask him. The ‘relevance’ was actually aimed at him. As I said, the voters decided to keep us in his ‘hole’

The voters decided on where we are now.

I voted to remain both times. Maybe of no relevance but maybe context to my comments on here. 

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Quite right. ‘Old twats’ is even worse. 👆 

No argument to be made. Simply a statement of fact.

You don't half get twitchy about your age.

The point is my kids are going to have to deal with the mess that the baby boomer generation has left them all the while that generation has benefitted from living through one of the most peaceful and prosperous times in human history - and then has the lack of self awareness to blame younger generations for the situations they have been placed in.

From higher eduction fees, to house prices to the environment to brexit. The arrogance of the baby boomers is all over - so yes, I make no apologies - fuck off old twats, your old road is rapidly ageing, please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand.

For, finally, the times they are a-changing.

(Boomer Bob)

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Now come on. Obstructionism by remainers has been plain to see in all facets of political discourse. If you need an example none would be bigger than this.

A big mistake to let Remainers into the cabinet in the first place. It has gone downhill from there. They have been running interference all the way through in the vain hope of someday rejoining the bureaucratic nightmare. Why else would the four thousand and odd bits of EU legislation they promised to bin be reduced to six hundred and odd recently? W63 is correct about the sinister influence of remainers close to the levers of power.

Next.

There has been none, no examples whatsoever.

Bolty is an idiot, pure and simple. 

19 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

No argument to be made. Simply a statement of fact.

You don't half get twitchy about your age.

The point is my kids are going to have to deal with the mess that the baby boomer generation has left them all the while that generation has benefitted from living through one of the most peaceful and prosperous times in human history - and then has the lack of self awareness to blame younger generations for the situations they have been placed in.

From higher eduction fees, to house prices to the environment to brexit. The arrogance of the baby boomers is all over - so yes, I make no apologies - fuck off old twats, your old road is rapidly ageing, please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand.

For, finally, the times they are a-changing.

(Boomer Bob)

Rant of the week and it’s only 11.37. 😅😅

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Sorry but that award goes to Bolty, for the 367th week in a row.

His domination of foamy-mouthed, impotent vitriol continues.

1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

You often confuse rants with a point of view.

Must be an age thing 😉

Plus I'm in a hospital waiting room to get my bandages changed, and annoyingly finished my book (Gentleman of Moscow - it's a belter- highly recomended) so thought I'd have a prod - see if I can get anything out of you.

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

useless centrist fucktards

treacherous bastards 

Didn’t take you long to resort the usual shite did it😂

Well done on lasting a paragraph 👏 we’re getting somewhere. 

It was a tight vote, with no clear direction on how it would pan out on the ballot. Banning remainers from the discourse would have achieved nothing. 

I agree that it all went on too long. I disagree that it was undemocratic or treacherous 😂ffs

It was all carried out in parliament and ultimately it was ended democratically through another election. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, London Wanderer said:

Didn’t take you long to resort the usual shite did it😂

Well done on lasting a paragraph 👏 we’re getting somewhere. 

It was a tight vote, with no clear direction on how it would pan out on the ballot. Banning remainers from the discourse would have achieved nothing. 

I agree that it all went on too long. I disagree that it was undemocratic or treacherous 😂ffs

It was all carried out in parliament and ultimately it was ended democratically through another election. 

He’s not a fan of democracy.

only yesterday he was saying voting should be restricted to men between the age of 26 and 65, with no lasses, queers or Labour voters allowed.

2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

So we'll get another vote if we want to go back in?