Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Posh Long Lunch In Manchester

globaldiver

Paedo Greggs* and a bench in Piccadilly Gardens...

As a choice of 'wine' may I suggest a can of Spar's White Ace drank concealed in a discarded McDonalds paper bag?

*As in one of the heirs to the Greggs fortune is a convicted paedophile, and in no way to suggest any other noncey involvements by others involved in Greggs.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Done a few afternoons in Hawksmoor - good food but not amazing atmosphere. If not arsed about that get the private room for maybe 6-8 people?

Schloss is a half decent bar but nowhere near "Posh" and the food is very average.

San Carlo still one of the best afternoon atmospheres, Picolino's Grand Cafe a good afto vibe too. It's not in the posh category but only just under it.

New Grand Pacific is ok but limited menu, Australasia is a set menu for fair size parties as is Tattu but both upper end.

El gato Negro is a good afternoon shout actually

Shame Manc House, The French and Coopers shut post lunch about 2pm and Rabbit in the Moon is evening only

Done a few afternoons in Hawksmoor - good food but not amazing atmosphere. If not arsed about that get the private room for maybe 6-8 people?

Schloss is a half decent bar but nowhere near "Posh" and the food is very average.

San Carlo still one of the best afternoon atmospheres, Picolino's Grand Cafe a good afto vibe too. It's not in the posh category but only just under it.

New Grand Pacific is ok but limited menu, Australasia is a set menu for fair size parties as is Tattu but both upper end.

El gato Negro is a good afternoon shout actually

Shame Manc House, The French and Coopers shut post lunch about 2pm and Rabbit in the Moon is evening only

Everyone said you were th'expert!

I do enjoy San Carlo

Feels a bit degenerate

Can't go wrong for me but I know folk that hate it

Rosso's been done up but I'm not a fan

Iberica is alright but not as good as El Gato Negro

Different theme but new sportsbar called Brotherhood is quality for American type grub, sports and loads of ales

Top of Central St

The boar ragu in Don Marco is amazing but again it's not "posh", if you're out to impress a client or summat

Can't go wrong for me but I know folk that hate it

Rosso's been done up but I'm not a fan

Iberica is alright but not as good as El Gato Negro

Different theme but new sportsbar called Brotherhood is quality for American type grub, sports and loads of ales

Top of Central St

The boar ragu in Don Marco is amazing but again it's not "posh", if you're out to impress a client or summat

Rosso? Doesn't that knob head own that? You've been ? ????

If you want posh, look no further than Gaucho.

It'll test your budget.

We went there the other week.

Food was absolutely stunning.

But like jules says I can see it being quiet in the day, we caught it just right, pretty quiet when we got in there but got busier.

Like spider says it will test your budget alright :)

....jules where was that tapas place you sent me down a side street off deansgate? That was ace that place