Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

Exactly, £34mill parachute payment next season for Sunderland that’s one promotion place gone!

Does anybody think we could claim one

They are getting parachute payments now plus tv money for championship and are losing £500k per week.

Their takeover like ours will need to be ratified. If they can not present a business model that shows how they cover debts pretty sure they will end up in an embargo like we did.

They are getting parachute payments now plus tv money for championship and are losing £500k per week.

Their takeover like ours will need to be ratified. If they can not present a business model that shows how they cover debts pretty sure they will end up in an embargo like we did.

They have no debts going forward which wasn’t our case. Also as far as I’m

Aware no hmrc winding up petitions or pressures on that front.

Short is leaving them in a better position than we were and for me the critical thing here is the guy at the head of their takeover is a proven football man as in he’s ran clubs well and within it’s means.

But whatever Sunderland do good Luck to them let’s concentrate on our own club and hope we get a fair crack of the whip starting by staying up at weekend which isn’t past us just yet!!

Tweets from Iles from the AGM.

From tweets from Iles -

Main points were that financial plan is in place for best and worst case scenario on Sunday. KA seems set to do a similar budget cutting job but says "big earners" are now at £1.5m rather than £4m #bwfc

KA also said he had injected a "substantial" amount of his own money into the club last week.

Wanderers have struggled to find directors, with KA admitting past financial issues are potentially putting candidates off.
But says interested parties in buying /investing are still there

Added that Macron's naming rights to the stadium expire after Sunday. New deal seems close.
Kit contract in place long term

Thought Ken Anderson came across well and answered what he could on governance. Answers seemed to satisfy the shareholders.

Nothing to see here, but sounds quite promising on investment.

Thought it was a great, passionate blog by Ken.

I do hope to believe that investment will come round this time, before the start of the season.

Just 1 signing would be an improvement to anything over the last 3 years.

It’s kind of a testament to the club, to have stopped the rot, get promoted, and stay up without buying a single player.

Time to push on now

• Site Supporter

If we do get bought out I hope ken retains a presence within the board.

I hope he pockets a nice cheque for his good work aswell.

I we get bought out it’s a certainty Ken will get a nice cheque for his troubles. Good luck to him, don’t begrudge him a pay day