Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parking ticket advice

worthy10

• 4 years later...

Got a ticket yesterday from 25th May, I parked on an NCP in Bolton, I paid with my phone and a few days later received a receipt from them, now they have sent me a ticket saying I had not paid, I have deleted the receipt they sent but have sent them an appeal with a copy of a bank statement with it on that payment was taken,

am I winning this one?

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Got a ticket yesterday from 25th May, I parked on an NCP in Bolton, I paid with my phone and a few days later received a receipt from them, now they have sent me a ticket saying I had not paid, I have deleted the receipt they sent but have sent them an appeal with a copy of a bank statement with it on that payment was taken,

am I winning this one?

yes

51 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

am I winning this one?

Did you pay using an app?  If so it'll be in your parking history.

3 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

No, I empty it frequently

Do they have a phone line. Miles better when you speak to someone. They must have a record of it against your ref if you were sent email confirmation or at least a record of your email?

Good luck.

Just now, tomski said:

Do they have a phone line. Miles better when you speak to someone. They must have a record of it against your ref if you were sent email confirmation or at least a record of your email?

Good luck.

yes I do have a landline

I tried ringing them but it just kept directing me to the online service

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I always think holding on to a load of shite reduces the performance of your PC, I do it with my phone too

It will only affect performance of your PC if you physically save them to your harddrive, and even then it would be negligible. The VAST majority of email providers store your emails on their own servers.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

yes I do have a landline

I tried ringing them but it just kept directing me to the online service

Keep plodding away with it. Imagine it will only be on a few hours. Get someone with common sense and at least you’ll get your point across.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fair enough - I defer to your superior knowledge.

All our work systems are outlook online and sharepoint. I never deleate anything as I generally need to look back for something.

Agree on that 

I have folders based on clients but I never look in them 

The only ones I ever use are inbox, sent and deleted items