Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, SilentBob said:

Just want to gauge some opinions of what people here currently believe. Hopefully without offending anybody. 

Who fully believes Howard and what he's been saying over the past week?

Who believes he's talking shit and his buyers will end up with a convenient excuse come next Tue/Wed?

Who believes there's more than just Bassini (Gaspard, Howard's group, anyone else, etc) currently serious/close with takeover?

Who believes we'll be liquidated?

excuses excuses excuses 

• Members
36 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's gone all brexit, not a clue what is fucking happening, its out of the fans hands, always was and always will be. 

What will be will be, I'm just hoping we have a football club to support.

Kens a sweaty tank top wearing CUNT who was and still is the only gig in town

Bassini, a serial bankrupter, god help us

Howard's group, 1 step forwards 2 steps back

Parkinson, He's  still a cunt!

Has Bassini got crabs? 

9 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

In honour of the speculation surrounding my ‘honesty’, would any of you care to speculate on my reasoning for being here, posting over 1000 times and generally being correct on most things? 

There is a real issue with human nature where we can’t bear to see other people hold more knowledge than ourselves. It probably stems from a poor upbringing, that cotton mill chip on ones shoulder perhaps?

Howard, I think most on here would love your team / bidder to get the club & I think a lot are just desperate for some positive news - most also seriously appreciate the information that you provide but are perhaps a little sceptical that at times it appears that your bidders are not as serious about buying the club as we all initially thought when you 1st came onto the scene (as initially it gave us some hope that a wealthy investor would buy our club)

What I would also say though is that your comment regarding 'poor upbringing' is out of order IMO & a bit arrogant, no need for comments like this when most of the posts on here support you.

10 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

In honour of the speculation surrounding my ‘honesty’, would any of you care to speculate on my reasoning for being here, posting over 1000 times and generally being correct on most things? 

There is a real issue with human nature where we can’t bear to see other people hold more knowledge than ourselves. It probably stems from a poor upbringing, that cotton mill chip on ones shoulder perhaps?

I wouldn’t take it personally Howard. Most people on here believe you.

I don’t think it’s necessarily that people can’t bear to see other people hold more knowledge though.

More, that it’s hard for any wanderers fan to believe anything that is said about the club at the minute.

Our owner, you can trust him as far as you’d throw him. The press say one thing is happening and something else happens.  Takeover groups announce they’re close to completion and then nothing materialises.

People are frustrated by the club’s situation and the takeover has been dragging since last year.

People are seriously worried about the threat of liquidation and so when the delay happened with your party taking the shares, people probably got even more frustrated and after all the false promises that have been made in this takeover saga by Anderson, the press and other takeover groups, it’s not hard to see why people would ponder if your group are also making them.

It’s a complex situation and we are all grateful for your input on it. We’d be much further in the dark without you. But the negativity that’s engulfed the club since our relegation from the Premier League still permeates into fans.

weve been on a very long game of snakes and ladders and slipped down many more slides than we’ve climbed ladders. Don’t read into whether people believe you or not too much. We’re all fed up and miserable at what’s happened to our great club and it’s therefore it’s hard to believe for a lot of people at the minute.

why didnt bassanis crew not buy the davies performance money out before the bahrains did ?

this seemed to be *thing* that kept someone from flipping it after five minutes of being given the rest. 

everyone knew this once ken (or holdsworth) aquired the club .. 

come to think of it why didnt ken do it before offloading the whole thing to bassani ?

if the bassani thing isnt a last minute spoiler to keep hold of it. then i dunno.. 

he doesnt want to sell .. not yet. 

but doesnt have the money to stop someone from buying it. 

he's fucked. 

ha

14 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I posted previously and Traf replied about this but forums are often used by people with a very specific agenda to control what's going on or to keep an eye on what is going on, I've been in the middle of this where people have lost their freedom because of it.

I can't see any positive reason for info to be leaked here, what Traf said about NDA still applies here as much as it does to just emailing Iles from Howard@whoknows.co.uk, this forum doesn't have a massive reach and if you secretly fed Nixon it would have a wider reach.

I actually think Howard is who they say they are but still don't get their gain from putting stuff on here, lots of Wanderers fans don't come on here and  loads don't trust here so it's not going to sway opinion or anything.

Referencing "poor upbringing" or "cotton mill chip" basically means they are trying for a reaction from the stupid or are just fucking stupid  themselves, why try to get a reaction from here from people who just pay their season tickets year after year but apart from that aren't fucking interested in all these people trying to turn a profit from our club?

11 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Do tell me which your wife uses 

If the cinzano didn’t point to a lady, that defo does... a bloke would have just called him a twat...

i think there’s something to it... part of the reason I dusted off the log in after 9 years was because i’d read H’s comments lurking, then met a couple of fund manager we do work with who seemed to be alluding to something similar during the small talk getting to meet you chats when it came out I supported Bolton... that was a few weeks ago, and that world moves quick, we’re they alluding to H’s lot or someone else don’t know, but was enough to stoke my interest as I say. 

I’m not however convinced they work in PR 

21 minutes ago, Bridger said:

Can someone explain in Very simple terms what needs to happen in order for H group to take control. And can Ken prevent this  ?

Simply: Bassini or anyone else needs to fail in purchasing the club by 9/10 April.

When it gets to that date, H’s group can acquire the shares of BWFC because Ken hasn’t paid back 5 million quid +.

I imagine Ken can prevent this by paying the 5 million but maybe this option isn’t available now. Not sure.

ken can also refuse to sign his name to relinquish the shares on this date but that leave the club in limbo, he can’t sell or liquidate the club, while he’s objecting to his shares being recalled.

it would then be left with lawyers and others to sort out what’s happening and no one knows how that plays out, but I imagine it could lead to a court battle which H’s men don’t want. So Ken could perhaps drag them down this road just to put them off. However Howard has implied they could both settle. 

• Site Supporter

I think people's scepticism has grown since it became apparent that your consortium that apparently contains people who are keen to buy the club & have a 'romantic' association with it are happy enough to take 2 million of Bassini's dirty money & walk away. 

Whilst I acknowledge the cold hard business sense in this, it isn't what your average fan wants to hear.... and to be honest a consortium that is above dealing with the likes of sweaty Ken but will happily snaffle a few quid from an even shadier character like Bassini will cause even the most ardent of your supporters on here to question their motives. 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

When interviewing for the next manager, the club has to make sure that they are none of the 3 things below;

Ginger, a bird or a Cunt, follow these 3 simple rules and we will be reet 👌

Ohhh and no reinstating Owen fucking Coyle!

Or boring like Phil 

18 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I think people's scepticism has grown since it became apparent that your consortium that apparently contains people who are keen to buy the club & have a 'romantic' association with it are happy enough to take 2 million of Bassini's dirty money & walk away. 

Whilst I acknowledge the cold hard business sense in this, it isn't what your average fan wants to hear.... and to be honest a consortium that is above dealing with the likes of sweaty Ken but will happily snaffle a few quid from an even shadier character like Bassini will cause even the most ardent of your supporters on here to question their motives. 

I think that is were I'm at Ronnie but what do I know I'm just a uneducated, cloth cap wearing, whippet bothering Northern monkey. We all shit and piss though it's just their toilets are nicer. 

23 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

maybe I'll get her to read your posts, but then she'll know how to get her excuses in early

She’ll be glad of the light from the phone, bit dark in that cellar.

Edited by Howardroark
Cunt

Howard,

my dear old thing. You’re letting the mask slip a tad... and I can understand why. 

Your “upbringing” comments would suggest you’re not a local chap. May I ask therefore how you came to be a Bolton fan, as you have stated?

I also don’t think you are in PR, however I do believe and actually trust a lot of what you say... but the motivations and agenda, that I’m not sure of.

”Common Bolton folk” are a passionate and pessimistic bunch, so please do forgive the odd query as to your presence on here, however general stereotype insults are a little uncalled for and may I suggest, a touch below you...

1 hour ago, Howardroark said:

It probably stems from a poor upbringing, that cotton mill chip on ones shoulder perhaps?

oooo ... I did say it was getting squabbly today.

Have a complementary emoji to cheer you up Howard :blink:

Just now, Biganddaft said:

I am a working class man from a hard working class family, a hard working Dad and Mum, I find Howard's cotton mill chip a little offensive 

would an emoji cheer you up?