Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It would not surprise me, the Andersons still sticking knife in BWFC after they’ve left the building, also see LA involvement in the Matthews to palace, these 2 really are lowlife scum. 

Sluffy mustn't be up yet. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Have you seen the released list from all the other clubs, some decent players on there, yeah it sounds easy, but there's better managers than Parkinson out there,

Fresh start, fresh players, new era, start again.... all without that cunt in charge, club badly needs it, fans badly need it, keep him and we are fucked, hes a big part of the problem and he's driven fans away in their hoards. Those wanting him to be given another chance are fucking sadistic!

Let’s face it he’s had plenty of time to be looking at the market 

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Let’s face it he’s had plenty of time to be looking at the market 

Hopefully plenty of 6foot plus players who can't pass score goals are available.

19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

And you would trust Parky to buy 5 decent players 🙄

We’re fishing in a shit pool of players, looking back to the last couple of campaigns he made couple of great signings in Morais and Karl Henry, that gives a little hope he can bring in the right players, granted it’s difficult given the situation we are in. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

My thinking as well cheese unless mounts counting  all the coaches etc in that figure.

Ah, I think he means if we keep Parkinson, we will save £1M in compensation - which could be spent on 5 players on 4k a week. I think?

2 minutes ago, white noise said:

We could have had Messi up top last season and still been relegated due to dreadful tactics

And if we'd had Messi up top do you think we'd have played like that? Come on. We tried playing differently in the period when Oztumer came into the side. We looked very poor doing it too. And as Oztumer admits himself - he didn't perform. If you remember the Blackburn home game we had so much ball and threatened so very little. Passing it sideways because we weren't good enough to open them up with a forward pass. 

There is a balance here. Was Parky too stubborn to change things sometimes? Absolutely.  But we lacked in quality and whereas the season before we compensated for that with effort most of the time, last season the effort faded as the situation off field got worse and worse. 

I'd be happy if we changed managers but I think people have to be realistic about what the change would be and also what it would mean. 

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Ah, I think he means if we keep Parkinson, we will save £1M in compensation - which could be spent on 5 players on 4k a week. I think?

That's how I read it now too early in the morning for me.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

At an average of say £400 apiece, 2500 season tickets would cover £1m

If PP is in charge, we could easily see more than that number of renewals drop off.

All about the money when it comes down to it, can the new owners afford to gamble?

We aren't selling an extra 2500 tickets at £400 whatever happens. 

If we’re making numbers up then:

Parky’s on what, £5k per week so it will cost us £250k (of our frankly unknown budget) to get rid.

Average season ticket cost, probably about £250 (might be a bit lower with kids but fuck it we’re making numbers up).

Based on the small sample size of WW it seems like you might get an extra 15-20% of people buying season tickets if we have a new fresh face in and not Parky. If we say we will get 6,000 hardy souls buying a season ticket regardless, but the announcement of a new manager adds another 1,000 on, then that alone pays to pot Parky. We’re roughly net nil.

Obviously all this is made up, just like 95% of the rest of this thread, but this is genuinely the type of market research that I expect successful business people will be doing to fully understand the picture and make an informed decision.

Edit - Tonge Moor beat me to it. Different numbers but same principle, there are variables to consider and I would assume they (FV) are.

Edited by Eddie

Just now, Eddie said:

If we’re making numbers up then:

Parky’s on what, £5k per week so it will cost us £250k (of our frankly unknown budget) to get rid.

Average season ticket cost, probably about £250 (might be a bit lower with kids but fuck it we’re making numbers up).

Based on the small sample size of WW it seems like you might get an extra 15-20% of people buying season tickets if we have a new fresh face in and not Parky. If we say we will get 6,000 hardy souls buying a season ticket regardless, but the announcement of a new manager adds another 1,000 on, then that alone pays to pot Parky. We’re roughly net nil.

Obviously all this is made up, just like 95% of the rest of this thread, but this is genuinely the type of market research that I expect successful business people will be doing to fully understand the picture and make an informed decision.

The reported figure to pot PP was 1 million, not sure if that also includes his back room team though.

26 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And if we'd had Messi up top do you think we'd have played like that? Come on. We tried playing differently in the period when Oztumer came into the side. We looked very poor doing it too. And as Oztumer admits himself - he didn't perform. If you remember the Blackburn home game we had so much ball and threatened so very little. Passing it sideways because we weren't good enough to open them up with a forward pass. 

There is a balance here. Was Parky too stubborn to change things sometimes? Absolutely.  But we lacked in quality and whereas the season before we compensated for that with effort most of the time, last season the effort faded as the situation off field got worse and worse. 

I'd be happy if we changed managers but I think people have to be realistic about what the change would be and also what it would mean. 

We had le fondre up top he still played it long, the guys a dinosaur he can only play one way. Get over yourself!! 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You’d hope he’s not, 10k wouldn’t be a surprise though. 

You'll be not far off and it kind of pushes me further towards the idea that some put forward that most managers actually don't matter and have very little influence - if the lad in charge is on the same as a 30+ yr old centre-half then no-one is putting much value in him are they?

Throwing a guy in the pub ITK thing into the mix, think Keith Hill was on around £125k a year before any bonuses at Dale.

If FV have a manager lined up who can come in immediately, that has to be plan A. I personally wouldn't include Lee, Darby or Phillips as sensible options here (despite the obvious "at least they're not Parkie" appeal).

If not, it has to be Parkinson for the time being.

Either way, it'll be seat of the pants stuff for the foreseeable.