Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston h

globaldiver

I've read some utter tripe in my time but this is ridiculous.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows Bolton don't come close to North End in terms of club size.  We have a far better history.  2 titles,  a double,  the only team to go a season unbeaten,  the biggest win in English football.  Bolton remind us of their draw in Munich.  As for crowds,  home crowds should be higher in horwich as you've had over a decade of premier league football therefore the potential to capture casual fans from Chorley etc. That,  added with your much bigger population,  250k v 150k approx and you should be getting 10k more than us at least. You're not. 

Now let's look at away support.  For the 3rd season running we're taking more to you than you took to us despite getting a lower allocation (Why we can't have the whole stand and segregate in your east stand I'll never know) and you charging us more than we charge you.  But it's not just you.  We took 6k and 7k to Blackburn the last 2 times we played them.  We'll take that this year. Plus 5k to Wigan.  We have away support like you could only dream of. 

It's not just your new ground either.  Many of you will remember thousands of Preston locked outside burnden with loads more in the home end despite us going down and you going up.

2001 is another example.  5k Preston v 2.5k (approx ) Bolton at each other's ground.  Then the play-off final at least 10k more Preston. 

At 1 point you could always throw "What division are you in ?"  At us. But not now. Not only do we have much better support,  we have a much better team

We are superior 

5 hours ago, ProudPreston said:

As for no clubs caring about us? Look at the followings Wigan and Blackburn took to Preston compared to what they took to your place 

Can’t compare 

Blackburn was on tv and charged £32 and Wigan were being changed £35

now since you are superior shall we start on your home crowds??

Edited by radcliffe white

• Members
6 hours ago, ProudPreston said:

I've read some utter tripe in my time but this is ridiculous.  Anyone who knows anything about football knows Bolton don't come close to North End in terms of club size.  We have a far better history.  2 titles,  a double,  the only team to go a season unbeaten,  the biggest win in English football.  Bolton remind us of their draw in Munich.  As for crowds,  home crowds should be higher in horwich as you've had over a decade of premier league football therefore the potential to capture casual fans from Chorley etc. That,  added with your much bigger population,  250k v 150k approx and you should be getting 10k more than us at least. You're not. 

Now let's look at away support.  For the 3rd season running we're taking more to you than you took to us despite getting a lower allocation (Why we can't have the whole stand and segregate in your east stand I'll never know) and you charging us more than we charge you.  But it's not just you.  We took 6k and 7k to Blackburn the last 2 times we played them.  We'll take that this year. Plus 5k to Wigan.  We have away support like you could only dream of. 

It's not just your new ground either.  Many of you will remember thousands of Preston locked outside burnden with loads more in the home end despite us going down and you going up.

2001 is another example.  5k Preston v 2.5k (approx ) Bolton at each other's ground.  Then the play-off final at least 10k more Preston. 

At 1 point you could always throw "What division are you in ?"  At us. But not now. Not only do we have much better support,  we have a much better team

We are superior 

Just a typical Nob Ender from what I can see. We have some big drawcards just down the road, you have Blackpool.

Load of wank anyway. We used to run you fuckers ragged every time we came there.

You may have a much better team at the moment but when you have had as many seasons in the Premier League and a European campaign or two like us, we'll listen to you.

"Proud" Preston as in "Pride" parade? Would explain a lot.

Strange lot nob enders, I’ve lived amongst them all my life and trust me the play off at Cardiff really hurt them. As above they ooze jealousy and crave a season in the top flight just like Blackpool, Burnley ffs even Oldham had a season in the prem. Must be only them, Bury and Rochdale who have not had a bash. 

I fully expect a defeat at the weekend. 

7 hours ago, ProudPreston said:

We are superior 

Had a glass or 2 of bravery beer have you?

9 hours ago, PrestonCha said:

Now we know you’re getting a bit giddy about your big day out, but you need to wind your neck in a bit. Ignoring pre/post war history because its too long ago, how many times have PNE been in rhe Premiership? How many times have they played in Europe? how many times in the last say 30 years have their crowds averaged more than 20k? How many players have you bought or sold for £5m plus?  My guess would be NONE to all 4 questions. Yes, we are at the peak of a trough at the moment and its more than likely you’ll take the points, enjoy your Cup Final an’ all that, but you’re not and never have been bigger than Bolton.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Had a glass or 2 of bravery beer have you?  Because earlier in the day you said this -

Now we know you’re getting a bit giddy about your big day out, but you need to wind your neck in a bit. Ignoring pre/post war history because its too long ago, how many times have PNE been in rhe Premiership? How many times have they played in Europe? how many times in the last say 30 years have their crowds averaged more than 20k? How many players have you bought or sold for £5m plus?  My guess would be NONE to all 4 questions. Yes, we are at the peak of a trough at the moment and its more than likely you’ll take the points, enjoy your Cup Final an’ all that, but you’re not and never have been bigger than Bolton.

Sold Jordan Hugill for £10m last January. David Nugent for £6 and Jon Macken for £5m

I'm genuinely not the slightest bit bothered about the Prem, but being in it would have helped us on your 20k average attendance piss-take effort.

You've got us bang to rights on every other point. Well done.

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

I just don’t get the attraction of our place for a big jolly. 

It must shit for an away fan. There’s never any trains and you have to walk past the ground to the nearest and only pub. 

Preston on the other hand is a belting away...

There are some decent pubs in Horwich nowadays 

• Site Supporter

Mr proud should explain more fully his population stats.

A quick look at Wikipedia shows that both have a broadly similar basic population (Preston slightly higher). When including the outlying places (the met boroughfor example), Preston becomes significantly larger.

Not arsed about crowd sizes usually, but when an excercise in such is so clearly flawed it needed pointing out.

1 minute ago, Biganddaft said:

"not bothered about the prem" to quote you "yea alright then" 

I'm genuinely not. I'm not a teenage lad, so seeing pampered over-paid superstar Premiership ponces doesn't quite do it for me.

We'd probably get shagged every week too.

Where's the fun in that?

Hand on heart, I'm happy where we are. Being competitive in the championship. 

I'd probably take a season in the Prem if you offered it, just to see what all the fuss is about.... like having a quick gander at a passing freak show; but I can take it or leave it. I'm not one bit assed about it.